Chapter 9

The following sexy car scene was NOT originally planned…but I do not regret it.

Chapter 9 - Complicated

Throughout my lifetime, I have been in many awkward situations. However, I have discovered that you don’t know true awkwardness until you’re trapped in a car with the person who has just heard you confess your feelings for him, kissed you, and then moved on like nothing happened. Trapped in a car with him…for fifteen fucking hours.

We head off just as the sun starts to set, but Vic doesn’t comment on it. He barely says anything; he mostly just drives and smokes a cigarette. I’m quiet, too, but inside, I’m a mess. My mind has been racing ever since the kiss, and my lips still feel like they’re tingling from where they met with his. I want to say something, but what do I say? Vic is acting as if it didn’t even happen, and I don’t know what to make of that. He’s the one who initiated it, but why? If he really has a thing for me, why does he seem like he regrets making a move?

Does it have something to do with Craig?

Once that thought forms, it won’t go away. What if he thinks I’ll hurt him like Craig did? What if he’s afraid for the same reason that I am?

I want to ask him about it, but right now I can’t seem to say anything to him. It’s like my mouth has been sewn shut and my vocal cords have been ripped out. I can come up with a bunch of conversation-starters in my head, but nothing is sufficient enough to follow up that perfect, too short kiss.

Is he thinking about it? I know I am. I can’t stop replaying it in my mind, the feeling of him pulling me in and connecting his soft lips with mine. I want more. I want so much more.

"Kellin!"

Vic’s voice is calling out to me, somehow both close and far away at the same time. I’m in a forest, and directly in front of me, I hear him yell again: “Kellin!”

"Vic!" I call back, walking quickly in his direction. It’s not long before the trees start to thin out, and before I know it, I’m bursting out of the forest, right onto a cliff.

There’s a barrier along the edge of it, along with a few benches behind it. Vic is standing in front of one of them, and his face lights up when he sees me.

"Vic!" I say, smiling and rushing toward him. As soon as I’m within reach, he pulls me upward and kisses me fiercely, tangling his fingers in my hair.

"I’ve missed you," he says quietly, pulling away slightly. Then he kisses me again and sits down on the bench, pulling me down with him and setting me on top of him. Straddling him, I caress his cheek as he pushes my shirt up and rolls his hips against mine—

"You’re having a wet dream, aren’t you?"

Vic’s voice—the real Vic, not the one in my dream—breaks through my sleep and wakes me up. I’m breathless and turned on, and the tightening of my pants makes that obvious. Vic has pulled the car over to the side of the road and is staring at me with an expression I can’t read.

"I, uh…y-yeah," I stutter, a blush no doubt staining my cheeks. "I guess so."

Fuck, Kellin, I think. Do you even have any dignity left to lose?

Vic unbuckles his seatbelt. “Well, you know…I could help you with that.”

I take a deep breath, trying not to focus on my already throbbing dick. “How?”

With a sexy smile, he beckons for me to come toward him. I unbuckle my seatbelt and start to climb over as Vic pulls a lever and lets his seat slide back a little. Then he grabs me by my hips and pulls me down on him, just like in my dream. I don’t even have time to react before he kisses me—for real, for longer than a few seconds, and not for anyone but us.