THREE

"What is Love? Love is playing every game like its your last." -Author Unknown 

          Iris 

Okay the first thing you will probably need to know about me is I LOVE basketball. The score is 57 - 57. It's our rival team and I just got the rebound ball. I'm running to the other side. I get there and jump stop, plant my feet, and jump shoot! When my feet leave the ground, everyone goes silent. If I make this, we win the tournament. I'm halfway in the air and the biggest girl on the other team comes over next to me and push me out the way.

I land COMPLETLY wrong and heard about a million cracks. I look down and see my ankle twisted ways it shouldn't.

Everything goes black and the next thing I know is I'm in an ambulance and my leg is wrapped.

I look around and see that my mom or dad isn't here. Figures. They don't approve of me playing basketball. They think a lady is supposed to sit still and look pretty.

Well not me. I can't sit still for long. So laying on this stretcher is not very comfortable. We get to the hospital and they immediately take me to the ER.

"Okay I'm going need you to count backwards from ten". Simple enough. They put a mask over my nose and mouth and I start the countdown.

"Ten, nine, eeiight, seven" and everything goes black. I wake up again in, you guessed it, ANOTHER GURNEY! The most uncomfortable thing in the history of uncomfortable things.

That was about 3 weeks ago. Now I can walk around on crutches or in a wheelchair.

I walked out of my room on my crutches when I see a boy racing down the slant in front of my room.