SEVEN

"It's not about the dress you wear, But the life you lead in that dress" - Diana Greeland

          Paris 

"Well? I'm waiting?" 

'How am I supposed to know? She was in a dress when I was there!'

"Um." Is all I could muster. Now I'm actually dead.

"'Um' Is all you got? Shelby is trying to get her to try on other dresses that we picked out for her and she won't have it! She's wearing a 'I'm going to your quinceanera' dress! She said that she likes the dress with roses on it. Who wears that to Prom Paris?! Hmm? Who?!" 

I honestly don't think I have been more terrified in my life. Lynn is very scary right now. 

"What did you do to him?" Iris asks them. She seems angry now too. 

"Why won't you try on anymore dresses Iris?" 

"Because I like the one I got and y'all can't do anything to me or him to make me change my mind! Now leave him alone Lynn. You very scary when you don't get things you want." 

Is it a bad time to say i'm ready to back? 

.......

Yea I think it is.

"Fine lets go pay for your stuff and we can go back to Marble Slab where y'all can drop us off then get back to the hospital." Lynn says sounding defeated. 

"I think its a bad time to say this but my mom Is here to pick us up. Marble Slab just closed for the day." Laurie says. 

"Fine, I'll pay for mine and Paris' stuff and y'all can just go back home right now." Iris also sounds defeated. 

Shelby and I just looked at each other with complete and utter confusion. She bends down and whispers to me 'Make sure she's okay tonight please?' She stands back up and I nod my head. They all say their goodbyes and walk away leaving me and Iris standing at the men's dressing room. 

I grab the dress from Iris who looks like she is about to cry. Apparently that made her snap back to reality and she started to push me towards the checkout line with her good foot. I put everything up on the counter and Iris payed for it. 

The entire car ride back was awkward. We didn't talk and Iris looked like she could burst into tears at any moment. 

We sneak back into the hospital the same exact way we snuck out and I took Iris back to her room while she is still on my lap. 

"Thanks Iris for one of the best days in my entire life." I say when she gets up. 

She softly smiles and says, "Goodnight Speedy." and she walks into her room. 

I have Shelby's words ringing in my ears, 'Make sure she's okay tonight please?'. I want to barge into her room and take her back to mine but that cant happen. True, we can fit both of us on my double bed, but it will probably feel weird for the both of us. 

I take two strides up the slant I raced down this morning and stop when I hear something. 

Crying? 

I cant stop myself and I do what I'm not supposed to do. I barge into her room.