5

Chapter 5

One week later

Briana

It was finally Saturday. I know this party wouldn't get me all the money I needed but at least it would get me close. I never danced before . I just know what I have seen.

" What about this ?" I asked Erin holding up the beautiful green tube dress.

" I love that . It's casual for a house party ."

" I wish you were going." I said walking towards the register getting ready to pay for my things.

" Girl you know that ain't me. And it ain't you either . Why you can't just let him rot in jail where he belong." She said rolling her eyes .

" Because I love him." I said paying for my things and walking out of the store.

" If that's what you wanna call it . I seen the way you was looking at ole dude in the club you need to see what's up with that ." Erin pushed me playfully as we headed to the food court in the mall.

" Girl no . You know that's Gee right ? "

" Not the nigga that was pushing all that weight. Girl he got moneeeeyyyy ! Definitely get on him now." She clapped her hands playfully ." yaaasss !"

" Bitch ." I straight faced Erin and she laughed." You know I ain't that type of girl to use someone. And also Gee was dating Victoria. "

" An ? " she said raising a perfectly arched eyebrow. " I heard them in the salon she's dead ain't she ? Help him get over that grief ."

" Victoria is Kayne's Sister !" I whispered yelled as we stood in line to get subs from subway.

Her mouth dropped . " Wooww the one that passed almost two years ago with the baby. I heard about that shoot out it was all over the damn news. That's why Kayne beefing with the whole damn city now. I thought Gee was dead he wasn't even at her funeral. Kayne was calling him too the whole time."

" Right ." I said feeling bad for even looking his way.

" Yeah stay as far away from him as possible. I wouldn't know what to do if something like that happened to you."

" Girl you don't even have to worry me and that man may never even see each other again." I said ordering my food.

Erin nodded as we gave each other high- fives and snapped our fingers.

After we got done shopping and eating we headed right back to our apartment building.

...

As soon as I walked in and got comfortable I received a phone call around 5 pm.

" Hello this is a collect call from ' pick up baby ' a prisoner at ..."I accepted the charges quickly as I went into my room.

" Hello -" I heard his deep baritone voice say through the phone.

" Hey baby." I said.

" I was just checking up on you I see you put more money on my books. I'm sorry about the day before I miss yo fine ass you just know it's tough in here. I love you though real shit and when I get out I promise I'm a make things right and we gone try again ." He said.