As You Are- Tendershipping

Bakura POV

I stared at Ryou sleeping soundly next to me with a smile on his face. All the pictures he's taken and drawn over the years all over the room. I kissed him on the cheek before heading downstairs to make us some breakfast. I played As You Are by The Weeknd since I loved how it related to us.

I sang along as I continued to work on the pancakes and bacon. I wanted to do something sweet since he always takes care of me. When I came back I thought he would kick me out even if I couldn't take care of myself. All he did was pull me into his apartment and dry my hair. "No matter how much I should hate you, I can't bring myself to be the person to turn their back on you. But I will not let you abuse my kindness." Not to long afterwards we fell into a decent routine of I work at a fast food restaurant some days and others I help build houses and do basic construction in return he helped me get legal documents and a way to support myself.

I got to see him change from a frighten teenager to a strong adult but his strength though not physical still amazes me. It didn't take too long after my return that I started to fall for him. I ignored my feelings for a while because I was scared of hurting him or being left rejected. As Yami and Marik started to date Yugi and Malik, it became obvious that the other two pairs worked together in a way that was expected for the same person virtually to work. Ryou and I were still night and day different fears, hurts, pasts, and ideals. We only matched in looks even then the differences were very apparent to most people with a brain.

  When he asked me to be his boyfriend I had accepted quickly before he laughed at the thought of me being scared to ask him out. It was even better because I had finally bought a car so we could go on dates and the like easier. When the food was done, he walked into the kitchen and kissed me.

"Happy birthday, Angel." I said as I set the table.

"Thanks Kura." He said as he sat down.