Chapter Fifty Five : The Boy's Nakedness

"Hey Logan, hey Gem!" I jogged towards the ocean as Logan waved at me and Gemma craned her neck upwards. I was breathing heavily as I stood inches away from Logan and whispered, "I'm here."

"Are you okay Joy?" Logan's eyebrows furrowed, his eyes searching. "Do you want anything?"

"What happened JJ?" Gemma asked curiously.

I brushed them off, "It's nothing really, I'm fine. I walked from my home to the flower shop, but grandpa said you were here so I came here. It was just a long walk and I quite enjoyed it. I want to be on my feet as much as I can."

Logan nodded slightly, but Gemma asked again, "Why is that?"

"I told you earlier Gem, I won't be able to walk soon," I said gently and noticing that she was going to ask more questions, I added quickly, "Maa was looking for you, why didn't you tell here you were here?"

"I told her, I told maa," she said indignantly. "I never leave home without telling her."

"Yes I know, I'm sorry. Maa must have forgotten---"

"Baby, come here!" I was cut off rudely by Jamal's voice. We all turned around and saw him on the street, he was seated on his delivery motorbike of Pat's. "Yo Blondie, yo lover boy!"

Logan grumbled beside me and I watched Gemma scurry towards Jamal. "Hey Jamie, where are you taking my sis?"

"A place where you're not there!"

"Ouch," I muttered, but smiled satisfactorily when I heard Gemma say angrily to Jamal to talk to me properly.

"Sorry Blondie, we're going to Pat's to eat," he informed me while handing a helmet to Gemma. His eyes twinkled in mischief as he sneered, "Ta-ta you both and control your lovey-dovey hormones, the beach's a public place!"

"Oh we obviously didn't know that," I said sarcastically and before they drove off, I shouted, "Take care Gem and call maa later!"

I didn't hear a response from her since they already took off.

Sighing, I glanced at Logan. "What were you and Gem doing here anyway?"

"I saw her sitting alone so we just talked---"

"You guys talked?" I gave him an incredulous look and he simply shrugged. "Leaving Jamie, she barely warms up to my friends especially the new ones. You're doing good Logan, you're doing good."

Logan seemed a bit embarrassed. He said modestly, "Your sister's nice . . . We made this-this for you . . . "

My gaze flickered to where he was looking at and I saw a sturdy built sandcastle with a crumbling tower.

My heart swelled with adulation as I asked dubiously, "For me?"

"It's not done yet . . . " he trailed off, before grabbing my hand and making me sit in front of it- he crouched beside me. "Let's finish it."

"Okay," I breathed- he was too close to me as he held my hands and dipped it in the wet mixture. "You know Logan, I suck at making sandcastles---"

"You're not doing it alone." A small smile played on his lips as his grip on my hands tightened. Lifting my fingers up delicately, he dabbed the wet sand on the half-made tower. "Here- above this solid base. It's soft here, we need to make it hard."

"Erm okay." My voice didn't sound like mine anymore, it sounded more strangled? More squeaky? I couldn't recognize it since all I could think was how his hands- larger than my own could be so . . . interesting. His hands were warm like mine, but the tips of his long fingers were surprisingly cool. "You know what Logan?"