Lucille's pregnancy and bad news

Lucille was halfway through her pregnancy and her and Negan were excited to become parents. However, Lucille hadn't been feeling herself recently but didn't mention this to Negan as she just thought it to be morning sickness. She had made herself a doctor's appointment for that afternoon just to make sure it is just morning sickness.

The past few months Negan hadn't been home very much after work, Lucille had a suspicion that he was having an affair but didn't say anything and stuck by him.

Lucille knew that she couldn't remain quiet about the doctor's appointment so she told Negan about her feeling ill and about the appointment and he immediately told her that he was coming with her.

When they got to the doctors, the doctor asked Lucille what the problem was. "I've not feeling myself recently Doc, I think it's just morning sickness but I just want to be certain." Negan sat beside his wife grasping her hand. The doctor made some notes and then spoke. "I think we'll do a blood test to identify what's wrong." They did the blood test and the doctor told them the results should be back within a week.

As the week passed, Lucille was extremely worried about her blood results, she just wanted to know if her baby was ok. She could tell that Negan was worried too because she knew he was still having affairs but when he returned home he'd be an emotional wreck and have a drink.

It was the day of getting her results back. Negan and Lucille went back to the doctor and the news wasn't good news at all. "I'm sorry but your blood results aren't good. They've shown us that you have cancer. I am sorry." Lucille broke down into tears and Negan wrapped his arms around his wife. He kissed his wife on her head and said to the doctor, "what about our baby?" The doctor sighed and said "I can't say for certain, we will have to do an ultrasound scan to determine your baby's health."

The doctor took Lucille to get a scan done and Negan sat beside her holding her hand. The doctor began to scan Lucille's belly and she squeezed Negan's hand, trying to hold back tears. Negan strokes his wife's face and wiped her tears away. Then they heard it, a strong baby heart beat. Both Negan and Lucille sighed with relief and they both began to cry; Negan kissed Lucille on her head. The doctor asked if they wanted to know the gender of the baby and they both agreed to find out, they were going to have a baby girl. Lucille leaned and rested her head on Negan's shoulder. "We're having a baby girl." Negan strokes Lucille's face and they kissed.

When they both got home, they sat on the sofa and Negan put his hands on Lucille's belly and quietly said "daddy loves you my little darling." Lucille looked down at her belly and then smiled up at her husband. Negan looked into Lucille's eyes and he knew he had to tell her.  He revealed to her about his affair and although it upset Lucille, she told him that she knew about it but she forgave him and said that all that matters now is them and their little girl.