Back at The Sanctuary

Negan carried Athena into their room and said "come on baby let's get you to bed." He placed her on the bed and got a clean diaper out (as she's paralysed she wouldn't be able to use the toilet.) and some clean pyjamas.  Negan put Athena into her pyjamas and then got into his. He picked up Athena and he laid down placing her on the bed near the wall but had her laying on his arm. "Daddy, what was mommy like?" Negan smiled down at Athena. "She was the most amazing woman in my life darling. You look like her. You have her eyes and her long hair, but you've got my smile and my brown hair. When we found out we would be your mommy and daddy, we couldn't wait for you to be with us. But I started to panic thinking I wouldn't be a good daddy and I started to see other women. You're too young to understand baby, but I realised I belong with mommy. But she got sick. We had you, you became our world. Mommy became an angel when you were a few weeks old, but she always loved you." Athena had tears rolling down her cheeks, "you're not a bad daddy. I'm glad you're my daddy." Negan let out a little chuckle, "so am I darling. I wouldn't change you for the world. Come on baby it's late, let's get to sleep." Negan laid down and wrapped himself and Athena up, cuddling her as they went to sleep. "Love you daddy." "Love you too Athena darling."

It was in the early hours of the morning and Negan woke up to Athena screaming and crying in her sleep - she was having a bad dream. "Athena it's ok baby, daddy's here. Shhh it's ok." Athena woke up with tears in her eyes. "Daddy?" "It's ok baby, I'm here." "I'm sorry daddy. I woke you up didn't I." Negan lifted her up and placed her lying on his chest. "It's ok my darling. As long as you're ok, that's all that matters." Negan wiped away Athena's tears and she said she was cold so Negan got his jacket and put it over her and he laid back down with her on his chest, wrapping them both up in the blanket. "Is this better darling?" "Yes daddy." "Good. Let's get back to sleep sweetie. Remember daddy's right here. I'm going nowhere." And they both fell back to sleep.

The next morning, Negan had to quickly go to the Sanctuary's main room, he sat Athena up on the bed and placed some cushions around her to keep her propped up. A few minutes later one of Negan's new men entered the room and startled Athena. He seemed to be "not with it" and he had no idea who she was and told her to get up. When she said she couldn't he went over to the bed, picked her up and placed her standing on the floor and let go. She immediately fell to the ground screaming and crying and then Negan rushed into the room. "What the fuck is going on?" He looked at his new worker to his baby girl on the floor and then rushed over to pick her up. "It's ok baby, daddy's here. Daddy's here" he looked over to the new worker, "well?" He just began to stutter and Simon came in the room. "Simon, take him to the main hall. Gather everyone. I'll be down in a few minutes." Simon grabbed the newbie and dragged him out. Negan sat on his bed cuddling his daughter. "Did he hurt you baby?" Athena began to stutter due to her crying. "He tried making me get up and stand but I fell daddy." Negan knew that his little girl was hurt. "What hurts darling?" He wiped his daughter's tears, "everything daddy." He gave Athena some medicine to help with her pain and then placed her in her wheel chair, put her blanket on her to keep her warm and pushed her to The Sanctuary main hall.

In the main hall all the Saviours were surrounding the newbie that hurt Athena. Negan pushed Athena into a gap between Dwight and Simon and he approached the newbie, with Lucille on his shoulder. "I'm just going to say, how hurt I am right now. I save every single one of your arses in this room and how do I get repaid?" He pointed Lucille at the newbie. "You hurt my little girl. And that I can't let happen." The newbie began to plead with Negan but he just swung Lucille and hit the newbie's skull. The newbie was still alive and Negan lifted him up and shouted "now this is for hurting my baby girl." He grabbed him and threw him into the fire. The screams of the newbie burning alive frightened Athena so Negan took her back to their room.

Back in the room, Negan sat on his bed and took Athena out of her chair, still quite shaken from the events in the main hall. "I'm sorry he hurt you baby. Daddy won't let anyone hurt you again, I promise." He wiped her tears as she dozed off, resting her head on his chest.

I hope you liked this chapter guys! Leave your thoughts and comments :)