The Dance

A/N

The photo above is what we're wearing, in whatever colors you want though.

Also sorry about the wait. The next chapter should come faster.

________________________________________________________________________________

Y/N Pov

The room was filled with lights, laughter, and music as both staff and students enjoyed themselves all around the room. Some were socializing with those they've known for some time, others talking for the very first time just to try new things, but all were making the best of their time this night. Sure there were those who weren't used to this kind of environment like a certain red themed youngster but for the most part, the people there were having fun.

Y/N: "It's certainly been a while since I've been to one of these." I said to mostly myself as I looked over the floor filled with people from the higher level. I heard three different sets of shoes hitting the floor behind me and turned to see Ozpin, Glynda, and general Ironwood all in their normal attire. "Headmaster, Ms. Goodwitch, good to know you guys have no different clothes. Also good to see again general, I thought headmasters don't travel with their students for the festival?" I asked with a smile and a raised eyebrow. Ozpin looked mildly amused while Glynda rolled her eyes. The general just smiled kindly as he shook hands with me.

Ironwood: "Just a necessary precaution you know all about as of recently. I'm a little disappointed you turned down my offer for an instructor position at Atlas only to take the one here." 

Y/N: "Yes well, while I do like the strict teaching your school does bring, there were elements here that demanded more of my attention." I said with an undertone the general understood with a nod. I sensed a familiar presence below me on the lower floor and turned back to see Pyrrha walking around looking for something, or someone. I flash the three staff a smile as I walk towards the stairs. "Well it was a pleasure to see you again general, make sure to tell Winter I said hi and the next time I see her they'll be an evaluation of her skills. Also move away any breakable objects in the area though... don't need a repeat of that." I mumble the last bit out as I go to the stairs, the general understanding while the other two look both confused but mildly amused, who wouldn't, an angry Schnee is just adorable. speaking of I can see the heiress looking all sad staring at a flower, I also noticed out of the corner of my eye that Jaune was going up the other set of stairs, dragging Neptune with him, delightful. I smirk at those two while letting out a small breath of air, some almost unnoticeable amount of black smoke coming out and hitting the floor, trialing silently towards the heiress. I ignore that for now as it'll get much more interesting later. I keep walking until I'm behind the champion red head and gently tap her on the shoulder, making her jump for a second before she realized it was me, a warm smile finding itself on her face. I look at her for a second before smiling back. "You look lovely." I said as she blushed a little. 

Pyrrha: "You too. W-would you like to dance?" She asked timidly as she blushed even harder then before. I gave a chuckle before taking her hand and leading her to the dance floor.

[Meanwhile, because I don't know how to dance and would surely fuck this up]

Third person Pov

Jaune dragged Neptune to the outside balcony, the blue haired boy not really trying to fight against his grip as he was still pretty confused and partly scared from the look of anger and hate the Jaune gave him when he first grabbed him. Once they got mostly on the balcony and roughly let go of Neptune, making the boy stagger a bit before righting himself, looking at the blonde in confusion on what this was about, but was unable to voice that as Jaune's anger voice came first.