Taking care of business

Third Person Pov

???: "Argh!-"

*SHNK!*

Y/N: "Well there you go, that appears to be the last one." He said to himself as he looked around the camp site, observing the three other bodies of professional huntsman. Y/N looked back to the man beneath him who was impaled by his own great-sword before he heard the smallest of gasps. He turned to see a fifth person, a woman, middle aged with brown hair. "Heather Shields, correct?" He said as he leaned to one side, ignoring the bodies around him as Ranger swooped down and landed on his shoulder. Heather noticed the bird and took a fearful step back, her hand resting next to her bladed pistol. Y/N however does not attack, he simply raised his hands as a show of non-violent action. "Relax, I'm not here to kill you." Heather didn't seem too convinced.

Heather: "The bodies suggest otherwise, you killed those huntsman Thorn, why would I be different?" 

Y/N: "Because I look up my targets very thoroughly. All of these guys have taken many tips under the counter to make evidence and people disappear."

Heather: "If you're as thorough as you say then you know I've done the same, why am I different?"

Y/N: "Your daughter." Those two words made her flinch and draw her weapon on instinct. "I kill you and I leave her to be taken care of by one man. One can never really know for certain how somehow will react to grief, so I'd rather not make her be raised by a man that can only see his dead wife in her." He said while looking at her sincerely.

Heather: "And what do you want in return? I know how these things go."

Y/N: "Nothing much, just your resignation as a huntsman, early retirement I guess you could say." And like that he turned and began to walk away. "I don't need to hear an answer, I'll know what your choice is, and while I'd rather not make a little girl motherless, it wouldn't be the first time." And like that he faded into the shadows of the forest, leaving Heather alone with the bodies of huntsman who were Thorns targets, just like she was.

[Timeskip]

Ruby: "So what were you doing during the break?" Was an innocent enough question for Ruby to give Y/N while they watched team SSSN go again team NDGO. Y/N was seated next to Ruby's right while the rest of her team were on her left, as they were still uncomfortable with him. It seemed that by seeing things from how he does, along with the work they did while in mountain Glenn, Ruby has placed her trust in Y/N and stopped trying to force forgiveness that will never come. She's just going to treat him like she would anyone else, with a smile and suffocatingly high amounts of kindness.

Y/N: "Oh you know, visiting old friends, making sure my properties are in good condition."

Ruby: "You have more then one?"

Y/N: "Well yeah, what assassin doesn't heave multiple? One or more in every kingdom and countless more out and around their borders. Kind of need them in case I die and end up halfway across the planet." He explained as Ruby nodded, understanding that would make sense to do. "What about you? Haven't stopped a crime ring or something while I was out have you?" He asked in jest while Ruby shook her head with a giggle.

Ruby: "No, just stayed around home with Yang, dad, Zwei. And mom. We didn't tell them about you though, they'd freak out if they knew." She said while Y/N seemed to look at her with brief confusion before it turned into understanding and nodded along.

Y/N: "Yes, that would be quite awkward wouldn't it?" He said as the match finished up in a rather electric fashion(Not sorry). Y/N stayed quiet and watched in amusement at the interactions of team RWBY and Blake's embarrassment towards Sun. Y/N stood up with the girls as he was planning on going to talk to Pyrrha about her fight and probably have a sit down with Jaune and explain proper planning and leadership goals, but then he heard the sound of a ship passing over the Colosseum, looking up to see that is was a very familiar ship that instantly postponed his earlier plans.