11

The heart monitor beeping in the back ground as I sat next to Cole's hospital bed . The sounds of bullets darting through my mind on repeat and me thinking I was gonna die . It was just the two of us and the body guards by the door . The doctor came in with bad news by the look on his face . 

The doctor asked me to step outside and closed the door behind him . " He's in a coma . He suffered a lot of  head injuries, we don't know how long he will be in this state . We've performed multiple surgeries on him but this is all we can do right now . "

What was I to do ? What was I going to say ? I don't fucking know anymore. I'm just so scared . I asked calmly " w-what can I do to help ? "  . The doctor looked at me and replied " The best thing you can do for this young man is stay by his side but be warned a patient in a coma is very tricky so whatever you do , make sure you keep any negativity away from their ears . For example ; fighting, yelling . "

" how long will he be in this state for ? " I asked . " i can't say , 2 to four weeks to maybe even months . " replied the doctor . I took his advice and did my best . I watched over him for everyday now and read him stories as if he was a little kid . I read him romance novels with zero violence . Finally after 2 weeks my phone ranged and I knew whom it was from .

Should I pick up ? What if he threatens me ? What if I cry after he does ? This man scared me , he really did . I picked up the call and he said in the calmest voice you can imagine " how is he ? are you okay ? what did the doctors say ? " . Your honestly going to say he cares but in reality he just wants to save his own skin . How bad would it look if Cole's mom found out ? Really bad . Imagine your son dying because of someone's unresponsible kid . You gonna say " it was both your choices to sneak out" . Yeah but they will put the blame on the person who is alive in the situation being me .

" he's okay . He's stabilized...I'm fine " I replied . I explained to him what the doctors had told me and he replied okay and to have me be by his side basically. Telling me these things like I wasn't already doing them . The leaves have fallen and Mother Nature has repainted her masterpiece . It was the season to throw those shavers away and be one with Chewbacca .

I've barely had any sleep since all of this , so getting any type of sleep was a miracle . I was so fast asleep and left my body. I was standing in a field full of flowers . I saw him , Cole , in the field of flowers .  Cole was laying in the field and as soon as he saw me , he commotion me to come over . I headed over and he took my hand to  intertwine our fingers . He held my hand and kissed it and to no surprise Clare blushed . Cole looked up at the sea sky and turn to me . " I like you " , my eyes widen as those words slip from his lips .

3rd Person

" what ? " Clare replied . Cole repeated his self " I like you " . He paused and then looked Clare in the face . He was going to say something but before he could the ground started to shake below us. Soon everything broke and scatter like ice floating off in the distance piece by piece . Clare tried to grab Cole but it was too late for that . Clare tried to reach for him but Cole was out of her grasp . As they got farther and farther from one anotherClare started to hear a high pitch noise getting louder and louder . Clare covered her ears from the sound as she sees Cole in the distance saying something . She tried to me the sound out but couldn't . The sound got louder and louder and then , BAM 💥 no sound at all . It became all black and she couldn't see anything . Out of nowhere a demonic voice yelled into her ear " he's gonna die " .

Clare woke up to see so many people in the room and claimed Cole was in cardiac arrest . She felt the dream was becoming real . She was assisted out of the room by the nurses as she caught what she though her last glimpse of Cole .