Before

Yoongi sat on the edge of his bed, fiddling with his fingers.

The whole point of being casted away from the town was to leave the thought of Tae alone. But if anything, with each passing day - Yoongi grew more desperate.

Tae and Yoongi grew up in the houses right next door to each other. Every day since Yoongi and Tae started school, they would carpool together.

As they grew older and transitioned into middle school - they started riding their bikes to school.

Then once they hit highschool, Yoongi would pick up Tae every single morning.

Somewhere along the rides to and from school, the lunches and the play dates — Yoongi started to like Tae.

At first he just thought it was his mind playing tricks on him. But when he started noticing the little things about Tae, like how his eyes grow wide when he's excited about something, or how his smile is in the shape of a box, or how he purses his lips when he's thinking.

Yoongi knew he liked Tae as more than just a best friend. But that was a secret he took with him to college.

After Yoongi's college graduation, both the boys sat in Yoongi's car. Yoongi had yet to get rid of his feelings for Tae. In fact, pushing him away made him miss him and crave him even more.

But with a new job and life ahead of him, he didn't think much of it sitting there.

That was when Tae sheepishly admitted that he didn't get Yoongi a graduation gift. Yoongi just giggled, it was very much like Tae to forget to buy a gift for something.

That's when Tae leaned in and kissed Yoongi softly on the lips.

Tae immediately apologized right after, making Yoongi roll his eyes. "You idiot." Yoongi replied, kissing Tae again.

Since then, they were inseparable.

To the public eye - they remained best friends.
No one found it odd that two childhood best friend's moved in together in a small apartment. Nor that they seemed to spend every waking second together.

What was odd was the occasional signs of affection the couple would share.

Every now and then, Yoongi's fingers would brush against Tae's, barely holding his hand.

Other times, Tae would look into Yoongi's eyes far too long for him to just be a friend.

This one time, Tae brushed a piece of hair away from Yoongi's eyes, and held his hand to Yoongi's face for just a second too long.

That was the day they got called into questioning.

Both Tae and Yoongi denied the accusations. But deep down, they knew they wanted more than anything to yell to the entire world that they were dating.

They found that the only safe place for them was the comfort of their own room.

However, Seo-Jun had other plans for the couple. Following the interrogation he ordered an agent to follow them home and stalk them for a few days.

To find one single mistake that could prove they were a couple.

And then it happened - a day in the rain led Yoongi and Tae to run up the stairs and into their apartment. They engaged in what seemed like a kiss.

‪Cameras were installed in their apartment the following day while Tae and Yoongi were away from their place.‬

‪Unaware of the cameras watching, Tae and Yoongi continued to live their life as a couple behind closed doors.‬

On a chilly autumn night, the door to their apartment was knocked down. Awaking the two who were cuddled up in bed.

"W-what's going on?" Tae asked softly. Yoongi looked over at the door handle that was slowly turning. "Tae, get under the covers." Yoongi said sternly.

Tae nodded, immediately covering himself with the blanket. Yoongi slipped out of bed, grabbing a nearby vase and holding it in his hand.

The door swung open and Yoongi slammed the vase against a guard's face.

The second guard didn't hesitate to knock Yoongi down with the baton. Yoongi fell to the ground, grunting as he held his stomach where the guard had hit.

The first guard grabbed the covers, ripping off of Tae who was curled up in fetal position.

"Don't you fucking hurt him!" Yoongi yelled as he was dragged by the arm. "Don't you fucking touch him! I'll kill you!" Yoongi screamed.

Both boys were handcuffed and thrown into the back of the van.

The ride to headquarters felt like forever. Tae and Yoongi were sat across from one another. Although not much noise was coming from Tae's side, Yoongi could tell he was terrified.

"I'll fix this Tae, I promise" Yoongi whispered. He received a slight nod from the boy.

"I love you." Yoongi added.

Tae nodded again. "I love you." He whispered back.

Maybe that was all the confirmation everyone in the van needed to know that Yoongi and Tae were a couple.

Yoongi and Tae were happy and in love.

But all that love and happiness was about to be ripped away from them.