Remember

Yoongi anxiously paced back and forth as he waited for Tae to come out for his lunch break. He clenched a large envelope in his hand as his pace fastened.

Maybe Yoongi was holding on to nothing but the past memories of him and Tae. Maybe Yoongi needed to let go of what they had and let Tae live his own life.

Wether that life was with Linda or someone else, it wasn't with Yoongi and Yoongi had come to terms with that.

Still, he wanted Tae to know that little part of him that existed in the past, so that's why he found himself up all night writing a letter to Tae.

Yoongi looked up, he saw Tae conversing with a co-worker. Tae's eyes meeting Yoongi's, making Yoongi gulp as Tae approached him. "What're you doing here?" Tae growled. Yoongi pushed the envelope into Tae's hands, "I came to give you this." He said softly.

Tae frowned, looking down at the envelope. By the time he looked up Yoongi was already walking across the parking lot and back to his car.

A feeling Tae has never really felt before washed over him, his heart sinking down to his stomach. He walked over to his car, ripping open the envelope as soon as he sat down.

A piece of paper slid out, the words "My Tae," written in big letters at the top. Tae blinked, somehow those words were very comforting.

"My Tae, you don't remember, but I do. Perhaps that was the cause of my downfall. This isn't by any means your fault, if anything - it's mine for being foolish enough to think you would remember.

Still, I wanted you to have even a little piece of what you and I used to have. We grew up right beside one another on Cherry Grove Ln. Once you started to go to school with me, we carpooled to and from school together.

Once I got my own car, I would pick you up and take you to school with me.

In between the car rides to and from school, ditching classes to go to the park, getting lunch together, and having study sessions with one another - I found myself falling in love with my best friend.

At the time, I was scared. It's scary to fall in love with someone the same gender as you. Even scarier to do so in this world. But somehow, I just knew that there was no one else in this world I would rather have than you.

However, that was a secret I took with me to college. And on the day of my graduation, you leaned in and gave me the best graduation present.

We were both very aware of the consequences, but yet - we didn't care. We continued this charade of being best friends and got our own apartment together. Living in secret for years.

It might have been behind closed doors, but the love you gave me was a love that not even the best writer could begin to describe.

So I'll break it down into a few simple words of what it felt like: Warm. Care. Safe. Everything.

The world's greatest love is the one a mother gives them, but amongst those great loves - are the loves that were built from a simple friendship.

Even then, every single day I learned something new about you. And every day, I found something else to love about you.

Almost eight months ago, you were taken from me. I told you to close your eyes instead of watching me be dragged away.

I know what they did to you.

Even then, knowing that you forgot me, I never stopped thinking how you promised you'd never forget.

I skipped from town to town in hopes to find you. I needed to see you, at least once.

Six months later, I found you and I had to compose a lie to not expose myself for who I really was. Still, you seemed almost like a different person.

But you still had the same comforting brown eyes, the same box smile, and the same warm touch — you were still MY Tae.

You still have the scar on your arm from when you sneaked back into your house an cut yourself. You still twirl your hair when you're nervous. And your love for apple juice hasn't changed.

Little things like that made me think that maybe you hadn't changed. But, you were no longer as fragile as you seemed when I knew you. You grew stronger and bolder.

But I tell myself, people change all the time.

Despite your small changes — I found more reasons to love you. It's as if all the love I had for you just increased the moment I saw you and how different you were.

But, if I'm honest with you — your marriage proposal is what kept me going. Truth is, I never had a wife. But I had you. I found the book where you wrote and scratched out a lot of marriage proposals. And the wedding band? That was also yours.

Engraved in it, it says "I love you. - Tae" and maybe, you did love me then. But now, you don't. Do you?

You may not love me, but I know you don't love Linda.

You deserve a great love, just as great at the love you once gave to me.

I don't know if any of this makes sense, or if that deep down you feel something — but, tonight I'm turning myself in to the government. I don't really know what will happen to me, but I wanted you to know that I love you Kim Taehyung, truly, fully, and forever.

I will be at the apartment we once shared tonight, if you want to talk. I doubt it, but it's worth a shot. The address is on the back of this letter.

Thank you for reading, and whatever you choose to do in life — I hope it makes you happy.

- Min Yoongi"

Tae turned the letter around, looking at the address that had been scribbled down. Would it be too crazy to drop everything right now and find Yoongi? Probably. But, something inside of Tae was urging him to do so.

Tae set the letter down, digging into the envelope and pulling out the notebook in which he had wrote everything in. He flipped through the pages, wondering just how much he loved Yoongi before he lost is memory.

He dug back into the bag, the gold wedding band Yoongi had worn fell out. Tae held it in between his index finger and thumb, looking at the engraving.

That's when the feeling awoke, the feeling of love and warmth. Tae looked back at the address, pulling out of the parking lot and driving down the streets.