Car Ride

At 12:30, Yoongi sat in the main parking lot for EGO.

The weird feeling inside of his stomach that ran up to his heart was vaguely similar to the very first date him and Tae had.

Except this wasn't a date.

This was a friendly lunch meeting as friends.
As someone who Yoongi wasn't.
As someone who Tae wasn't.

Funny how both of them were living a lie.

Yoongi slid the band off of his finger, he looked at the small engraving once more. "I love you. - Tae" Yoongi whispered to himself, rolling the band in between his index finger and his thumb.

He closed his eyes, pushing his head back against his headboard. "I love you. - Tae" He whispered again.

He wondered how long he would have to keep lying to Tae before he could tell him the truth.

Yoongi looked at the time, only five minutes had passed by. He looked outside and saw a bunch of people exiting out the building, he scanned the scene for the sight of a blonde head.

Yoongi's eyes fell on Tae who was talking on the phone to someone, he seemed like he was yelling.

Even so, Yoongi admired how beautiful Tae looked even when he was angry. His cheeks flushed a dark pink, his eyebrows furrowed, his hair pushed against his forehead.

Yoongi stayed in his car, watching as Tae paced back and forth as he continued to yell into the phone. Stopping every now and then to rub the side of his forehead in frustration.

Yoongi waited until Tae was done to get off of the car. "Hey, you okay?" Yoongi asked.

Tae immediately shoved his phone into his pocket, flashing a smile at Yoongi. "I'm great." He said.

Yoongi raised an eyebrow, Tae had never really been that good of a liar - so even if Yoongi hadn't watched the scene unfold, he would've still picked up that Tae was frustrated.

"You sure?" Yoongi asked.

Tae let out a small sigh, he ran his hands through his hair. "Just marriage stuff." He admitted sheepishly.

Yoongi nodded.

"Anyways, theres this really good sushi place that I know if you want to go grab some." Tae said, changing the topic of the conversation.

Yoongi followed Tae to his car, "Sounds good" he said.

Once inside of Tae's car, Tae turned to face Yoongi. "Min-jun, when you married... Did you ever feel like that's not the person for you?" Tae asked, he turned the engine on.

"Not once." Yoongi said, he envisioned just how perfect it would have been to marry Tae.

"Oh." Tae sounded a bit disappointed, he pulled out of the parking lot and started to drive.

"Your wife, what's she like?" Yoongi asked, he started to mess with the band on his finger again.

"She's nice, I guess." Tae shrugged. "Actually.. She's quite bland."

Yoongi examined Tae's face, it was blank of any emotion. "I always wonder why I asked her to marry me if the chemistry isn't there." Tae continued.

Yoongi nodded in agreement as he continued listening to Tae ramble on about how Linda and him aren't anywhere near compatible.

Yoongi wanted more than anything to scream to Tae that HE'S the one Tae is supposed to be with, to take the wheel and turn around and drive until they were out of the country.

But all Yoongi could do in that moment was sit and listen to Tae.