Searching

Yoongi sat in his car, munching on a granola bar. He looked around at his familiar surroundings.

¨Tae has GOT to be here.¨ Yoongi thought to himself.

Yoongi threw the wrapper in the passenger side of his car.

'Now what?'

Yoongi turned the engine off, sliding out of his car and going into the gas station. He walked up and down the aisles, thinking of what to do next. He grabbed a bag of chips and continued to walk.

He could be wrong, and Tae could be elsewhere. But something in his gut suggested that Tae was near.

His thoughts were interrupted when he bumped into a figure. ¨S-sorry.¨ Yoongi apologized quickly, his eyes looking up to meet a pair of warm brown eyes. The pair of eyes smiled, ¨It's okay¨The low voice spoke.

Yoongi focused on the small mole on the boy's nose. He furrowed his eyebrows, immediately recognizing it. But before he could speak, the boy was already out of the doors.

¨Hey! Wait!¨ Yoongi yelled, he ran towards the door.

¨Hey, you have to pay for that!¨ The cashier yelled, stopping Yoongi in his tracks.

¨Right.¨ Yoongi whispered to himself, walking over to the register and setting the bag down. He looked over at the doors, Tae was long gone by now.

"Do - do you happen to know him?" Yoongi asked. The cashier rolled her eyes, scanning the item. "There's a lot of people that come here man."  She blew a bubble with the gum in her mouth, letting it pop.

"T-thanks anyways." Yoongi said softly, giving her a dry smile and giving her the change to pay for his chips. He grabbed the bag and walked out of the store, scanning the area as if Tae were to appear out of no where.

Yoongi sighed, he slumped into the seat of his car. Though he didn't get a full look at Tae, he was happy to see that he could recognize the small features on Tae's face. Like the small moles on his face, the box smile, the thick eyebrows..

Yoongi turned the engine on, driving around the streets and pulling up to his old apartment complex. He parked his car and made his way up the stairs, stopping at the door where him and Tae used to live.

He turned the door knob, feeling the door slowly open. He peeked inside to see that everything was just the way they had left it. He walked inside, all the memories flooding back.

Dancing with Tae in the kitchen while making breakfast, cuddling on the couch while watching a dumb horror movie, fighting over who could use the restroom first. A faint smile appeared on Yoongi's face as he ran his hand over the edge of the table where Tae and him shared many meals.

He wished Tae could see this now.

Yoongi stopped at their room, the pieces of the vase were still scattered across the floor. He stared at the open door, the bedsheets were still undone.

The memories of watching Tae crying while he was helplessly dragged away made him feel a bit uneasy. This apartment held really good memories, but it also held the worst day of Yoongi's life.

Yoongi stepped over the glass, jumping into the bed. Tae's scent still lingered in the sheets, it was faint - but still there. Yoongi wrapped the sheets around him tighter, inhaling the smell.

He closed his eyes, trying to remember how Tae looked liked. Sure, his features were the same - but six months Tae could've changed even more and he could have just not realized.

Yoongi opened his eyes, looking at the empty spot in the bed where Tae usually would be. His eyes would smile back at Yoongi, and he would have kissed Yoongi's lips softly, whispering a small "I love you."

Yoongi rolled over in the bed, filling Tae's empty spot. "I'll find you, Tae. I promise." Yoongi whispered to himself.