News

I sighed with a look at the clock. It was four weeks after I came back to france, but because of all the commotion I had to stay in my home most of the time if I wasn't baking in the back side of my shop - there were just too many reporters outside. Opening the news app on my phone, I skipped over the tons of articles that all still said the same thing. 

BTS MEMBER JIN DATING 

Member of the popular boy group BTS, Kim Seokjin openly admitted to having a relationship during a concert in Marseille, France

Member of the popular boy group BTS, Kim Seokjin openly admitted to having a relationship during a concert in Marseille, France. Stopping the concert for a few minutes, he apologized to his fans from keeping it from them before he explained his relationship with a girl that suprised many of the classical music and opera fans in france. The girl he is dating turns out to be Lee Na-ri, the daughter of the ex art director and principal dancer of the Paris Opera Ballet, Lee Juha and the world-renown Lee Miano who was active as a french chanson singer and componist for the opera. After the recent death of her mother, Na-ri has been out of the public eye and didn't pursue her career as a dancer and musician further, which disappointed the public as she had a very promising career in front of her. Na-ri was the 3 time winner of the national ballet competition, stepping into the footsteps of her mother before she retired.  BTS continues their world tour while Na-ri has been silent since the news.  We sure love this beautiful couple, that is getting praises everywhere!

I rubbed my arms as I laid the phone back on the table. Ji-woo was at the university today so I had been by myself, the shop closed because I couldn't stand in the front. Jin wrote me everyday, wanting to make sure everything was okay. And of course I always said yes - afterall he shouldn't worry about me while he was still on tour. The fans were all very supportive, but of course there was another side to it as well. My stomach started to hurt as I thought back to the comments under the articles that seemed to overpower everything. Standing up, I grabbed a cookie to get something in me since it was already noon. Lately I had been feeling weird - I had no appetite and my chest hurt like hell now and then, making me wake up hyperventilating at night. But I didn't want Jin to worry. 

I smiled as I saw Jin calling me with a face time. "Hello beautiful~", he said happily, waving at the camera. "Hey baby.", I responded and smiled at him. "Not long until we see each other again. I can't wait~", Jin continued. "Are you eating well? I can't wait to taste your food again.", he said and I chuckled. "I'm happy that I have you soon.",  I answered smiling. "Only two more shows~ But I have to first visit my parents because they want to know about you, which means I'll be home a little later than the others.", he explained sighing. "I held out for 1 month, 1 week is nothing, Jinnie. Just be sure to come home safely.", I reassured him, swooning over his face. "I know I'm worldwide handsome, so you can stare at me all you want.", he joked and I chuckled. "I'll hang up now. I still have to prepare the store.", I then said, waving at him as he gifted me a flying kiss before hanging up. 

 - 5 days later - 

I looked at the doctor in disbelief as he looked at me worried. "What did you say?", I asked quietly, my gaze now on the ground. "I'm afraid that you have coronary heart disease, or CHD short. Is there any history of it in your family?", he quietly asked. "My mother died of it 3 years ago.", I answered, almost whispering. Taking the letter he gave me and quickly bowing to him, I made my way outside. The pouring rain greeted me as I stepped out, but I didn't bother opening my umbrella. I needed this right now - something to make reality clearer to me. Since he spoke those words, my world seemed to fade. Walking down the streets, I finally reached the café. I looked inside, seeing Ji-woo talking to V. Right. The boys were coming back today. The thing I had been excited for the whole week. Now my feelings faded. The people around me were hurrying back home while I just stood there, staring through the windows until V noticed me.  Waving at me excitedly, I forced a smile, waving back slightly before entering the shop. Ji-woo immediately ran towards me, looking at me worried. "Nari? Why are you so soaked? Didn't you bring an umbrella?", she asked and quickly took off my drenched summer coat, hurrying back and forth to bring me something warm to drink. 

As I still didn't answer, Ji-woo placed a hand on my forehead. "You're glowing, Nari! Wait here, I'll get you some medicine from the store, I'll be right back.", she quickly said and looked at V who nodded. V didn't know what to do, so he just put a blanket from the back around my shoulders and handed me the hot tea that Ji-woo quickly made. 

"What's wrong, Nari?", he asked in the silence finally, grabbing my hand worried. "I've never seen you like this." I looked up from my hands and met his gaze. My expression softened as I saw how worried he was. His thumb carressed my hand softly. "You can tell me anything. You are like my family.", V reassured me. His eyes widened as silent tears started to roll down my cheeks. Pulling me into his arms, he patted the back of my head. "Shhh..Everything is going to be okay..", he mumbled over and over again while I sobbed in his shoulders. "I have the same thing, Tae.", I finally got out, whispering into his shoulders. "I have the same heart disease my mother had. The one that killed her.", I continued and V's grip around my shoulders got harder.  I could feel him shake a little before I pulled away. 

"This isn't fair.", he said while he got teary eyed and I shook my head. "Don't. Please don't cry for me, Tae. I'm fine now. Thank you for lending me your shoulder.", I said quietly before standing up. Ji-woo reentered the shop at that moment, two bags of the pharmacy in her hands, immediately ordering me to take the medicine. 

- a few hours later - 

It was 1 am.  I stared at the neatly folded letter in my hands when I heard the code beeing typed in the door. My heart jumped, as soon as I saw him. I could hear him trying to be quiet as he took off his shoes and hung up his coat before he noticed the light in the living room and saw me sitting on the table. I quickly stood up as he walked closer, kissing me softly before pulling me into his arms. "I thought you were already sleeping. But I'm glad you're not.", he said happily, kissing me again. I looked into his eyey, clutching the letter. "I have something to tell you.", I said quietly and Jin looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Sure, I'll listen to you in a minute babe, but let me just place my bag down so I can listen to you without anything else on my mind.", he said smiling and placed his bag down while talking. "I can't wait to just have a few days without all the stress and pressure. I just want to stay in bed with you and talk about nonsense.", he said smiling. I could feel a sting in my chest as he looked back at me. "What did you want to tell me?", Jin then asked after lifting me on the table and standing between my legs. I stared into his eyes. I couldn't do this. I couldn't be a burden to him. 

Quickly putting the letter under the fruit bowl directly behind me, I smiled at him. "It's nothing important. I just invented a new snack for the shop.", I said , smiling at his happy reaction. "I can't wait to taste it, princess. But let's go to sleep now, I'm very tired.", Jin said after kissing my cheek and lifting me up, walking up the stairs with me in his arms while my gaze shifted from the fruit bowl to him. He was more important than anything else in the world. 

Listening to the sound of his steady breathing, I carressed his soft hair, letting my hand wander down to his cheeks. Smiling at his peaceful expression, I nesteled into his arms as he pulled me closer again. This is all I needed.