... At Midnight (Part 1)

After Nico's farewell party, everyone had ended up exhausted. The guys had gone directly to bed and Simón had done so as well, but he couldn't sleep. First Gary had kicked them out of the loft, and although the Valentes were as nice as to let them live there for a couple of days, they still needed to find another place to live, which had him worried. Then Nico had chosen to go to New York with Ada, and even though he was happy for him, he was gonna miss him a lot. Also, that left the Roller Band with minus a bass player.

After like an hour of tossing and turning, he decided to go down to the kitchen and serve himself some milk or something. He stood up and closed the door of his bedroom as quietly as he could before making his way down the stairs and towards the kitchen. As he came near, he noticed the light was on, which caught his attention, and when he reached the door and looked inside, he was even more surprised.

"Ámbar?"

The blonde, who had been checking one of the cupboards, startled a little and turned around to the sound of his voice.

"Simón, you scared me," she said, moving a hand to her chest. Which was barely covered because her black nightdress had a big cleavage that the robe hanging open from her shoulders didn't cover. Not like he noticed. "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same," he replied. After all, she had gotten there first.

She gave a small shrug. "I couldn't sleep, so I came here to grab something."

"Oh. Same here," he uttered, amazed by how in synch they were.

"Really?" She asked, apparently thinking the same thing. A coquettish smile appeared on her face. "Great then. Come on in. I'll serve us some tea."

She turned around to grab a tea box from one of the cupboards.

Simón scratched the back of his neck, unsure. "Uh... no." He cleared his throat. "No, I better go back to bed, it's late."

Ámbar spun around to face him. "Oh, come on. You just said you couldn't sleep and that's why you came here," she argued. When she noticed his stance, her eyes narrowed slightly, and her smile grew a challenging flair. "...Or are you afraid of me?"

He squared his shoulders. "No." Not exactly.

"Good. There's no problem then." She turned around to fill the kettle with water. "I mean, what could I possibly do?" She half-laughed.

That was the problem— She didn't need to do anything; her sole presence was tempting. The robe she was wearing was quite transparent, so much so that he actually doubted it even shielded her from the cold at all. He could distinguish every curve under the soft material of her nightdress, which did nothing to cover her long legs, which seemed even softer to the touch...

Stop staring!

Simón cleared his throat again, wishing he could clear his mind just as easily, and stepped inside the kitchen. He leaned against one of the counters— the one further from her. Better to keep his distance, he thought.

This didn't go unnoticed by Ámbar after she left the kettle over the stove and saw him on the other side of the room.

"Really? You're gonna stand all the way over there?"

Fine, maybe he was overdoing it.

Deciding it was better to just act unaffected, he moved closer, now leaning against the middle counter. Ámbar inched closer too, leaning her hip on the counter next to him as she looked at him.

"So. What kept you up?" She asked.

He shrugged. "Just some things."

She raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to elaborate. He guessed there was no point in hiding it.