Soulmates

Everyone was born with a certain word on their right wrist, it was a word of power. That power would activate when you meet your soulmate.
For young Katie holt she had the word earth, she wondered what she would be able to do with that power. But the thought was pushed from her head when the bus stopped harshly signaling it was at the school.
She walks in and meets up with her friends Allura and Romelle, and they walk around until class starts.
"I heard Charlie from biology found his soulmate, and he can read minds of animals." Said Allura. She looks down at her wrist rubbing the purple colored word that said light. "Wow that's pretty cool. I can't wait to see my power." Romelle says as she looks at hers, air was written on her skin in a light blue color.
Pidge stares at hers bright green script staring back, "what could earth mean?"
"Move earth? Something to do with nature maybe?" Says Allura.
She starts to braid her hair not paying attention to where she's walking, and before she knew it she bumped into someone.
"I'm terribly sorry, I wasn't watching in front of me." She says forgetting about her hair.
"It's alright, I'm not hurt." A voice sweet like honey spoke. He turns around to meet her eyes, and both felt a little spark in their chest.
The lights start to dim in the hallway, Allura places her hand on the locker as she felt she might fall and the dark color fades.
"Allura, the locker."
"And the lights, they dimmed."
Her friends speak.
"Allura, such a beautiful name. I am lotor."
"My, soulmate." She beamed.
Then the lights shattered, he reaches to shield her and shocked her.
"Ah."
"I'm sorry, electricity is my power."
"Talk about having sparks between each other." Romelle giggled at her own joke. Pidge joined the laughter soon Allura and lotor did too.

Class had finally started and Pidge sat in the very back of the small room near the window. It was history class, which wasn't her favorite subject, so she didn't care to pay attention. She stayed staring outside and basking in the sun as it came through the window. Her thoughts drift to her power and what it could be, and who would be her soulmate that unlocks her power.
"Alright class, today before we begin. I would like to introduce a new student." Says the teacher. A small old woman in a black pants suit stood in front of the class, she waved at the door for them to come in.
A tall golden tanned boy walks in with a dashing smile, the girls swoon softly at him. Pidge Finally looks up to see the reason for the noise, looking at the boy, he was wearing a blue and white shirt with jeans, his dark brown hair framed his lighter brown face, blue eyes gleamed as he looked around the room.
"Hi, I'm lance. Nice to meet you all." His smile managed to get bigger and made the girls cheer back a welcomed greeting.
Pidge couldn't take her eyes off him, he seemed to have a glow over him, some unforeseen light illuminating him. He feels Her intense stare and locks eyes with her. Something in her chest made her ache slightly.
Unbeknownst to her, flowers started to bloom outside the window.
"Lance, you can sit wherever you want." She broke their mute staring and he nodded, walking to the back.
"Hi, can I sit here?" He Asked Pidge as he points to seat next to her.
"Sure." Her voice quiet. Water started to drip down the side of building, but it didn't seem to be raining.
"That's odd." The teacher notes. Pidge Finally looked out and saw the flowers, "those weren't there before." She spoke louder than she intended.
"Pidge made those flowers grow." Someone Said.
"It happened when lance walked in."
They look to each other and then to the class that was now staring at them.
Pidge waves her hand and more flowers grow. She looks at her wrist, "earth." She whispered.
Lance gasped loudly, "Water." He moves his hands and water foams between his fingers.
"Holy crow, your my soulmate." He cheered.
Everyone cheered for them until the teacher called for them to be quiet.
"Congratulations to you too, now let's get on with class."

Afterclass they went outside to use their powers and talk.
"My name is Katie, but people call me Pidge."
"Both are really cute names." He touches the grass and saps the moisture from the ground, making his hand wet and pulls the water out into a string. He lightly whips it around watching how the sun reflects off it.
Pidge giggles at him and touched the ground to make roses bloom. She picks and hands them to lance. "For you."
"Awe thank you." He puts a few little droplets on the pedals to keep them moist.
All of the sudden a large shadow casts over them they look to see no clouds, instead it looks like a person.
"What the?"
"Pidge look at me." Romelle screams as she flys above her.
"Romelle, you can fly!"
"Yeah, my soulmate can turn invisible."
They watch as she flys off and lands next to a guy wearing a very bright yellow shirt.
"Hey Pidge."
"Yeah?" She turns towards him and feels lips pressed to hers. He pulled away to see a blush creep up her cheeks.
"You're very beautiful." He smiled.
She blushed brighter and leaned in to capture his lips. This one was longer, he pulls her into his lap so she's straddling him, hands on her waist and hair. Hers wrap around his neck pressed chest to chest passionately.
The bell rings for the next class to start so they had to stop.

After school they went to the park and continued where they left off at school.
All around them flowers were growing and water flowed strongly in the river nearby, as they tangled in each other's arms.
Pidge pulls away to look at him, his gorgeous blue eyes staring at her.
"You are so beautiful, have I told you that?"
"Yes you have, 3 times so far."
"I'll keep saying it too, because it's true. You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."
"You're such a charmer." She giggles.
"Only for you." He pecked her lips then her cheek, nose, forehead, back to her lips.
"Thank you for these amazing powers." He kissed her neck and lays his head on her shoulder.
"Thank you as well."

Eventually they had to go home, but not before he got her number and gave her a-hundred more kisses.

*** I love soulmate AUs, there's so many to choose from too. I haven't heard of a powers one so I wrote this. I hope you liked it. More to come. And request are open.***