Concept

What should happen in S8.

After everyone was all healed up, the engineers had gotten the Altean out of the robot, and were holding her in a cryogenic pod.
The city was also under construction, with every able body helping.
"How is she?" Allura Asked as she looked through the glass.
"Stable for the most part. Don't know how she was used as a battery, or how she survived." Said Sam.
"Will she wake up?"
"I'm not sure, only time will tell." He sighed.
Feeling defeated started to walk away.
"I shall go see how the others are doing."

"Lance! If you don't start doing something I'm gonna shove this hammer some where you don't want it." Keith yelled.
"I am doing something, I'm holding this piece of wood for Pidge. She's too short to hold it up."
"Lance, I don't need that wood. Go help hunk with the motor."
"Is there anything I can do?" Allura walked up.
"Allura please come with me." Sam came in.

Lance was shoulders deep in an engine while Hunk was under the car holding a pan as lance pulled a tube out and oil started to flow out.
"It's flowing now." Hunk called out.
A loud bang shook the car followed by a smaller bang and a yelp from lance.
"What was that?" Hunk stood up to see lance holding his head and Pidge laughing.
"She hit the side and scared me, I hit my head on the hood." He groans.
"I thought it was funny." She grinned.
"What do you want Pidge?" Lance climbed down the car still holding his head.
"I don't have anything else to do."
"Really? No computer to fix or robot to build?"
"Nah, the garrison doesn't need any of that."
"Well then Pidge you can climb inside and help bleed the brakes." Said hunk.
"Okay."

Allura was with Sam and commander Iverson in the medical bay, the altean started to show signs of movement inside the cryo pod.
"Her vitals are much better now."
"Wonderful, hopefully she wakes up soon."
"It will still be some time, Shiro probably needs help with configuration of the navigation system." He suggests to her and she gets the hint. Allura was feeling out of her area more than ever, she didn't have altea or the castle of lions to remind her of home. So she sat in the blue lion and connected with her. She could have helped Shiro but wanted to be alone.

Pidge sat in the front seat pushing on the brake and letting off whenever Hunk told her to. She had the seat pushed up as close to the wheel as it would go and held the wheel at 10 and 2. Pretending to be driving and making noises. Lance sat in the passenger seat and laughed at her.
"I wouldn't want to drive with you."
"I drive very well actually. Just like my lion."
"The lions and a car are so different from each other."
"Yeah so if I can drive a giant space scientifically magic lion, then I can drive a simple car." She smirked.
"Yeah I guess so, you're a genius after all. You can do anything." He praises her.
She blushed softly at his words.
"Alright Pidge pump the brakes, rapid pumps." Hunks voice was muffled from being under the car.
"Man, What should we do once this is all done?"
"Do you mean after the car is done? Or with everything in rebuilding the population?"
"Well both, but Im thinking in the now, I want to do something I'm bored." He plops his long legs on the dashboard.
"We can play video games when I'm done with this."
"Awesome. When are you gonna be done?"
"Thanks Pidge, all good here." Hunk called.
"Perfect timing, lets go Pidge." Lance jumped out and ran off with Pidge close behind him.
They get to pidges room when Matt stopped them.
"Hey you guys, dad has a mission for you."
"Awe, but we were gonna play video games." She whined.
"Do this mission and you can play afterwards."
The paladins looked at each other eyebrows drawn together with questionable looks.
"Fine, lets get it over with."

They get into their paladin armor and set out in search of materials from the abandoned city.
Lance drove the car with Pidge in the passenger seat.
"So what are we looking for?" He Asked.
"Scrap metal and stuff like that to make more flyers or whatever, and probably reinforce the garrison walls." She answered.
They pull over and look around at all the rubble and destroyed homes. The city had been abandoned for safety reasons so only cadets or trained agents walked through it.
A pebble fell on lance as he walked into what was left of a two story house.
"Careful Pidge, the floor is wobbly." He warned the tiny of the two.
Another pebble hit his side, "What the heck?" He looked to Pidge.
"What? I didn't throw it."
"Oh yeah so the house did it?"
"Probably, it's crumbling lance, things fall."
This time a much bigger rock came flying at him, he saw it and managed to dodge it.
"Who's there? Why are you throwing rocks?"
Three people came out of hiding, two guys and a girl.
"You shouldn't be here."
"This was our home, now we have nothing."
"I'm sorry, everyone has lost their home. The galaxy garrison is building new homes for everyone right now. You should be in the safe area though." Pidge spoke.
"You, you were the one that flew the blue lion out into space?" The older man pointed to lance.
"Yes, what do you want?"
"If it wasn't for you- if, you had just left it under ground those aliens wouldn't have came here. They wouldn't have destroyed our home or- my wife- nothing bad would have happened if you had just never went after those stupid robot things." The man held back his tears with clenched fists and gritted teeth.
"I'm sorry about your wife, we never planned for this to happen. We will do whatever it takes to make your lives better again."
"Our lives will never be better again, thanks to you. I'll make you pay for this." He picks up a large piece of wall and threw it at lance, he lets out a shriek and runs away.
Pidge follows him even though they never aimed for her.
"What do we do? We can't hurt civilians."
"We arrest them, they are walking in unsafe areas and assaulting two garrison cadets, and paladins of voltron that saved earth."
All of the sudden lance was grabbed and pulled over the car they were hiding behind.
His arms were pinned down by the boy and the father stood over him, the girl stood back and watched.
"You will pay for all of this."
"Please we can work something out." Lance begged.
"Hey! Leave him alone!" Pidge yelled shooting her bayard at the man shocking him, he fell and Pidge slides over the car dukes of hazard style and kicks the kid off of lance.
The girl held her hands up in surrender and they tied their hands behind their backs.

At the garrison they put the family in jail for assault and trespassing.
Lance and Pidge finally made it to her room and sat down to play video games.
They played round after round of all the games she had. Lots of junk food and drinks littered the floor around them, lance was about to do a combo move but tiny hands prick at his sides making him laugh and messing up, causing him to lose.
"Aahhh! No fair."
"Life isn't fair." She laughed.
"Another round, this time hands to yourself, feet too and head, and other body parts, keep to your side of the food line." He said as he stacked empty chip bags into a small barrier.
A gummy bear hits him in the face before the game began.
"Hey."
"What? You didn't say gummy bears can't cross the line." She grinned, that little shit eating grin she has made his stomach do back flips. His face started to heat up and in his confusion he thought he was just too hot and drank some water.
"No throwing stuff either. Just hands on your controller." He growled.
"Okay mr. Bossy."
Pidge ended up winning again, she did a little victory dance and lance fell to the floor.
"I give up, the all amazing Pidge has beaten me."
"Oh yeah, say it again."
"The all amazing Pidge has beaten me."
"One more time."
"Ugh, the all amazing Pidge has beaten me, she is so great and smart no one could ever defeat her."
Pidge froze at his words, a blush creeping up her cheeks.
"Th-thanks lance, those are some nice words."
"I really mean them. You're amazing at everything you do."
"That means a lot coming from you." She smiled.
Lance scratched the back of his head and smiled shyly.
"Lance." She spoke to get his attention, sitting cross legged he looks up at her. "Yeah?"
She sits down in his lap and hugs him.
"Thank you, for always believing in me, and being there for me, you always looked out for me and tried to protect me, even when you were handcuffed. Nothing ever stopped you." She kissed his cheek and stood up quickly mumbling as she turned around.
"What was that?"
"Nothing, just a thank you kiss, a friendly one."
"No you said something after but I didn't hear it."
"It was nothing."
"Pidge, please tell me." His voice was smooth and low, she felt compelled by it. Looking him dead in the eye she spoke, "i wish we were more than friends."
Lance went absolutely silent but never broke eye contact, he stared at her for a solid minute before speaking.
"Wow, you like me? I wouldn't think you'd like a dork like me."
"You may be a dork, but you're cool too, and fun to be around."
"Thanks, you're cool too. I think we'd make a great team, the best dynamic duo in the whole galaxy."
"Is that your way of asking me out?" She giggles.
"Yes it is." He says confidently.
"Well I would have to agree with you."
"Awesome, I can't wait to tell everyone."
"Calm yourself, don't go crazy telling people."
"I'm dating the smartest person in the world, I want to tell everyone who will listen."
"Okay goofball lets just start with the team first."
"Alright."
Allura was thrilled for them, Shiro gave lance a talk about dating, Keith and hunk were happy for them, Coran did an altean dance of happiness for them, and Matt went into protective brother mode and gave lance a very stern talk about being with his sister, then gave her a talk about how stupid boys can be.
All in all it was a good reaction from the others, and they were happy that everyone accepted them.