Coffee house

The paladins cafe was the busiest coffee shop in the whole city, it was also the biggest. Two stories to be exact. It was a freaking house, the first floor was the restaurant, the second had different rooms that anyone could use. Two were used as party rooms, one was a library, another was a poetry slam/ karaoke; depends on the time or day. Then there was the loft, outside overlooking the city, where people would go to relax in the sun or do work on their computers. The paladins cafe was the best spot for college kids to come and unwind from the stress of school.

A spritely young lad was on his way to the famous cafe, even if school was a drag he was always in a good mood. He could smell the food as he got closer, with a smile on his face he inhaled as he opened the door and savored the scent that hit his nose. Then something else hit him, or rather a person. He didn't realize someone had been walking out as he was walking in and ran into them.
He looks down to see the tiny girl staring back at him with anger in her eyes.
"I am so sorry, I didn't see you." He pleads to her.
"I have been up all night working and was really looking forward to that coffee, and now it's on the ground." She growled.
"Is everyone alright? No stained clothes, no burns?" Asked an employee.
"I'm fine, just need a new coffee."
"And I will pay for it, it was all my fault."

He bought her coffee, his own and muffins for them.
"Would you like to sit and enjoy the muffins with me?" He Asked.
"Sure." She rolled her eyes.
They went up stairs and out to the loft, it was quiet with a little click of computer keys as someone typed.
"I'm lance by the way."
"Pidge."
"So Pidge, What kept you up all night?"
"I'm working on a solar powered car."
"Woah that sounds awesome."
"Yeah its a lot of work too. I have to figure out how to make a housing unit to store the energy from the sun so that it could be used to run the car instead of gas." She explained.
"Wow it's like something out of a sifi movie. You must be a genius."
"Well, I guess you could say that." She pushed her glasses up and smirked.
"What school do you go to?"
"Altea technology institute."
"What? Isn't that a super high class rich kid school for genius's?" He raised his voice a bit.
"Um, yes. But I'm not a snob like everyone else."
"Man that's so cool, I just go to voltron academy."
"That's a pretty good school. What do you do?"
"I'm taking astronomy, I wanna get into the galaxy garrison and be a space explorer." He smiled brightly.
"That's really cool."
"Thanks."
They sat quietly while they finished their muffins and coffee until pidges phone buzzed.
Her little fingers typed away a response to the person and a few seconds later it buzzed again.
Lance watched her focus on her phone, the sun rays bounced off her glasses shielding her eyes with a glare until she moved and he could see her eyes. She looks up at him and softly smiles, bright green orbs shown behind the small round lenses, he blushed slightly and coughed to shift his thoughts.
"Sorry, it was my brother. He's trying to find me."
"Do you not want him to find you?"
"No because than he will try to intimidate you, and I just met you."
"Haha, I understand how that is. I have a little sister and brothers. I'm protective of all of them."
"Awe you have a big family."
"Yeah their awesome, crazy but awesome."
"It's just me and Matt, and my parents of course."
A flock of pigeons flew by and they watch them fly around and sit on the edge of the taller buildings.
"Silly pigeons. Hey Pidge, you're a pigeon."
He laughed.
"Dude really, my brother called me that, that's how I got the name Pidge."
"Wait, so what's your real name?"
"Katie."
"That's really pretty. Why don't you go by that more?"
"I don't know." She shrugged.
"Aha I found you." Screams a voice.
"Shit." She tried to hide her face but it was pointless.
"Pidge I know it's you."
"Ugh hi Matt. How'd you find me?" She looks at him.
"Your Snapchat location."
"Damn I never use that."
"So um who's this?" He looks at lance as if he was sizing him up. Lance was unfazed by this as he gives the same stare back at him.
"Okay alpha males cool it." She got in between them.
"Hi I'm lance, nice to meet you." He stuck out his hand.
"Matt, nice to see my sister is making friends." He shook his hand.
"Hey rude."
"Kidding, but mom wants us home for dinner."
"Okay I'll meet you downstairs."
"Ookay." He winked.
She rolled her eyes then turned to lance.
"That was awkward, sorry. Um, would you want to do this again some time?"
"Another coffee date? Yeah." He jumped.
"Cool, here's my number."

They meet Matt downstairs and go separate ways once outside, Matt questioned her the whole way home.
The next few days Pidge and lance texted back and forth, he sent her lots of memes or pictures of animals he saw while on his daily walks. She would respond with dork, that's lame, or cute for which ever he sent.
"So when's the next time you're free for that coffee date?" Lance texted.
"I have a two day final, showing my finished project and doing an essay on why solar power is the future. Maybe this weekend."
"Alright let me know, I'm free all week."

A few days later his phone finally buzzed he bolted from the floor where he was playing a game to his bed where it sat. Unlocking his phone he had a text message, from Katie 🐦
He liked her real name better but the emoji was a fun addition. He opened it and read what she said, "Hey meet me at the coffee house."
"Oh yeah!" He fist pumps and grabs his jacket and wallet running down the stairs to put his shoes on.
"Be there in a few." He texted back.

He found her out on the loft, sitting by the rails and looking at the sky. She didn't notice him she was to captivated by the scattered clouds making shapes. He was absolutely mesmerized by her, he sneaked his phone out of his pocket and took a picture of her. Being very pleased with the photo he put his phone back in his pocket and made himself known.
"Hey."
"Hey about time." She smiled.
"How did your final go?"
"I aced it."
"Of course you did. Here's a celebratory cookie." He had a whole box full.
"Wow were you hungry?" She picked one out and took a bite.
"Yes and I just knew you would pass."
She blushed turning away so he wouldn't see but he definitely noticed.
"Hey Katie."
"What, did you call me Katie?"
"Well that is your name."
"Yeah but only my parents call me that."
"Well, get used to me calling you that too. I like it, a lot more than Pidge. -no offense Matt. And um, I really like you, w-would you be my girlfriend?"
She stared at her hands for what felt like years as he waited for her answer.
She opened her mouth to speak but kept her eyes down. "Yes."
"Wait, say that again but look at me."
Slowly looking up to lock eyes with him she felt her face heat up. "Yes."
"Oh my god this is the greatest day of my life." He jumped up. She lets out a giggle at his exaggerated voice and movements.
"You know, I'm kinda glad I spilled your coffee, I probably would have never met you anyway else."
"You are such a dork."
"Hey, this dork is your boyfriend now."

Thank you to SayuriHoshikan11 for the idea. I hope you enjoy it. I'm always open for requests so don't be shy.