CHAPTER NINE

I stood outside my door waiting for Ciaran to come and pick me up. A small smile faintly spread on my face. "Hiya." I shyly waved. Ciaran smiled back at me with a small wave mirroring mine. "You look great."
I shrugged. "I'm still trying to be casual." "Well, you look great either way." Ciaran chuckled, walking towards his car with me. "Thanks you and same to you, dude." I cringed at myself as I called him dude, why did I call him dude? I probably just ruined this whole thing by calling him dude.
He opened the passenger seat's door so I could get in his car, shortly after him doing the same. As he drove us too the theme park we sat in silence. I wasn't making this easy for either of us. Suddenly, I got a message. Matt.

Matt:
i'm so sorry. i've honestly been so busy.

Me:
Are you coming to the theme park?

Matt:
Yeah.

Me:
Please don't talk to me then

Me:
I get you made a mistake and I completely accept your apology but I need time away from you, matt

Matt:
That's fine.

Matt:
And I know you and Ciaran are going to kind of go on a date and it's completely fine. Don't think I'm pissed at you for it because I'm really not. I want the best for you and I'm positive Ciaran will be able to give you the best. I'll talk too you some other time though, right?

Me:
Thank you so much and we will, I promise.

Matt:
You're welcome and good

As soon as I typed "I promise" all I could think or was when me and Matt met. He promised me he wasn't an ass which only made me laugh.
Ciaran glanced at my phone. "Matt, isn't it?" He chuckled slightly. I nodded. "He'll make it up to you, he always does." Ciaran sweetly smiled.

•••
My heart began to race as I looked up to see the rollacoaster falling down. "I can't do this." I whined, hugging Ciaran and burying my face in his shoulder. "You're such a wimp." Merlyn scoffed with a laugh. "Good, glad I am." I answered back. One thing crazier than that I'm going to go on this rollacoaster is that I haven't spoken to Matt this whole experience and it felt strangely kind of good.

Time to go one the ride which could be the end of me, yay.