Things I Wish You Never Said*

Alex lay on Oliver's chest, his chestnut brown hair half tickling Oli's bare chest as his boyfriend twirled his fingers within his fringe. His index finger travelled along the inky patterns, tracing each sharp line, outlining the images displayed along the pale skin. He felt at peace, lying on his lover, exchanging memories, talking about nothing and everything, something they rarely had the chance to do. One of Oli's hands was placed under Alex's hoodie, resting on his lower back, the other entwined in Alex's brown locks. Alex exhaled peacefully, adjusting his head to a slightly more comfortable position, Oli tilting his head to glance at his boyfriend, a small smile etched onto his face.

"I can't believe we knew each other in high school," he chuckled lightly, still wondering why he never saw Alex's beauty in his teen years.

"Me neither. You were a dick," he laughed, tilting his head up to look at Oli, his hazel eyes twinkling as he made eye contact with his other half. "There's so many things you said to me that I wish you didn't." his head dropped back down to look at the tattoos he was tracing, his smile fading as he remembered some of the insults he had received from someone he now so dearly loves.

"Like what?" he hummed. Alex chuckled sadly.

"You used to call me a fag all the time for not making a move on my best friend. I think the worst thing was the time Tom died, I didn't come to school for a week, and when I did I had a panic attack in class. You laughed at me and called me a pussy, said I need to 'man the fuck up.' You didn't help with my grieving, you know."

"I remember that. It's my biggest regret. I was so drugged up in high school all the time all I did was be a twat to everyone I came across. I'm sorry baby, I shouldn't have said anything, I didn't know what you were going through." Oli truly meant that. It broke his heart to remember the broken boy he saw in class, and the way he mocked him, knowing that the same boy was now curled up in his arms every night. "I love you okay?"

"You're different now. It's okay," he hummed. He looked up at the dark haired boy he called his boyfriend once again, not being able to hold back a smile when their eyes met. He leant up, connecting their lips together, both just as soft as each other, and both sighed into the kiss, Alex hooking his leg across Oli's hips and Oli's hand tightening around him, holding him protectively, even if there wasn't anything endangering him in that moment. They were both happy to put their past behind them. Sure, they didn't get along in high school, but they were both different people back then. Now they were older, more mature, with a much better life going for both of them. Now they were happy. Together.