Maisie Sykes

I heard the keys twist in the lock and the door open and shut, a deep voice singing a cheery "I'm back." I didn't bother getting up off the couch, he would come here straight away anyway. The door swung open, and in walked my gorgeous husband, his eyes twinkling and his hair messy after a long day at work.

"Hi babe," he grinned flashing his pearly white teeth and sitting beside me, pressing a kiss to my lips. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," I smiled.

"Hi Maisie," he gasped looking at our baby girl with a wide grin, tapping lightly on her nose. She let go of my finger and tapped her nose too, giggling away as Oli took her from my lap. "Did you miss Daddy?" He asked, knowing she probably didn't have a clue what he was saying. She giggled again as he lifted her up and then back down, and up and then back down. I watched with a peaceful smile as he played with Maisie. Oli was so good with kids I always knew he would make a good dad. He looked after her so well, and would spend eternity with her if he could. If I was tired he would always take her off my hands and let me take a nap, and she loved him just as much. Ever since we first brought her home she was attached to him, she fell asleep in his arms on the way inside. She even looks like him. Makes sense with the DNA. She had his gorgeous brown eyes, and his dark hair, she was so beautiful.

"Have you been a good girl? Daddy took good care of you?" He baby-talked her, giving her gentle Eskimo kisses. "She wearing you out babe?" He asked turning to me.

"She's an angel," I smiled tiredly. "Though someone wouldn't have a nap today would she," I frowned at her. I had tired putting her to bed earlier, though she wasn't having it.

"Hmm," he hummed pressing a kiss to my head. "Why don't we all take a nap together then?" He smiled, kissing Maisie's hand, the one wrapped around his right forefinger. I smiled in return, sighing at how much I loved my family. He stood up, hooking Maisie on his hip and reaching his hand out to me. I gladly took it and followed him up the stairs to our room, where he pushed back the duvet still holding Maisie and told me to get in the bed. We laid down together, Maisie on his tummy and me latched onto his side, my hand linked with hers. His right hand rested on my back and his left on hers, rubbing circles into us both as we all fell asleep.

"My gorgeous angels," he whispered kissing her and pulling me tightly to him. God I really loved my family. The Sykes family. I smiled at the memory of us naming her. He wanted to call her Holly, it's his favourite name. Having a song called Holly Would You Turn Me On would not work well with that name. After days of thinking, we settled on Maisie. Maisie Sykes. I was so damn lucky.