Two: going all out

Jenna's POV

Everything was great until we got to the 6th grade. They kind of felt sorry for me because i only had boy friends, and they told me that I should go make some girl friends. I don't know why i listened to them though. I always loved being around them. They were my real friends. They also promised that we were all still gonna keep in touch, but we never did. Then I met Delaney.

Delaney wasn't my best friend, but she was my only friend, so I did rely on her. But now... I don't rely on anyone. I don't have anyone. But I didn't care. I mean, you don't need anyone... Right? Of course you don't. All I need is to take a walk to clear my mind off things.

I was taking a walk down the street until I reached Mr. Keens pharmacy. I went inside and saw Greta leaving the store. "Bye dad," she yelled. "I'll see you at home" she said exiting the store.

Her eyes met mine and then she smirked. "Loser" she whispered, rolling her eyes, soon going out of sight. From the corner of my eyes I could see her and her friends. And Delaney. So much for taking a walk, I thought.

I tried to brush it off and just continued to walk down the candy isle.

I put all my candy on the counter, ready to pay. I grabbed 3  gummy bear packs, 2 Snickers bars, 4 mnm packets, and 1 jumbo Hershey bar.

Did I over exaggerate? No. Well maybe a little, but still.  I had a whole 20 and I just decided to go all out. That's what I do when life's is being a bitch. Go all out.

The guy behind the counter, witch Is probably Mr. Keene, looked at me strangely. "11 dollars and 50 cents." He said. I passed him the 20 dollar bill and waited for my change. While he was getting the change, I heard voices that sounded some what familiar. "I don't know why we even fucking bothered to-" they stopped, right when I turned around to see who it was. It was Eddie. And next to him was Bill, Stanley, and... Richie. We stared blankly at each other in awe.

"Ms., Your change." Mr Keen said, breaking the tension between the boys and I. "T-thanks. Bye." I said, trying to avoid any eye contact with the boys on the way out.

What are you doing?! You don't have any friends and summer starts in a week! You should be trying to at least talk to them, you idiot. But what should I say? Oh my God can today get any worse? Why I'm I so-

"Jenna" Richie called out.

******************************

Words: 462

- 💖