Eight: The Bar Mitzvah

Jenna's POV

When we finally got to Stan's, we spotted bill and Eddie's bike right next to his house. We got off our bikes and put them right on top of theirs.

We entered the house, soon being greeted by everyone there and everyone in their suits. That's when it hit us, and Richie and I just looked at each other.

"Where are your fancy clothes?" Asked Eddie. "Uhh... We didn't bring any." Richie said sheepishly.

"What do you mean you didn't bring any? You can't just go to a bar mitzvah in shorts and a tee-shirt." Stan said bluntly, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah well I don't have anything fancy." Richie said. "Come. I'll have something that will maybe fit you." Stan said bringing Richie to his room. Stanley came back leaving Richie alone in his room.

"H-how ab-bout you Jenny? Do you have any d-dresses or s-something?" Bill asked with his usual stutter.

"Yes, but there all the way at home." I replied. "I'll just ask my mom if you could use one of hers." Stan said with a reassuring smile. "Thanks" I replied to his kind and generous offer.

Stan left the scene and soon came back within 2 minutes. "How about this?" He asked, showing me a nice, simple, coral dress. "Perfect" I shot back.

I went in the bathroom and changed. When I was done I looked at myself in the mirror and thought that maybe life was going to be better than I expect it to be.

I left the bathroom and all eyes were on me, jaws dropped,  just like the day at the quarry; just instead of feeling selfcontious,  I felt... beautiful. "whoah... you look fucking amazing." Richie spoke out loud, still eyes wide open. I smiled and he looked at me in the eyes and smiled back. not only did I feel beautiful but I felt comfortable around everyone, especially Richie.

-----------------------------

Richies POV

she was so fucking beautiful, I couldn't even help it. at this point my eyes were sparkling anytime I even thought of her. I didn't just like her... I loved her. and I started to imagine us together; us going on dates, sharing lollipops, walking hand-in-hand to almost everywhere... and doing all the other cheesy things teenage couples do.

part of me wants to ask her out, but I'm just afraid that she wont feel the same way I feel about her. "this is not some fucking joke, Eds." I whispered as we walked to the church. Eddie was the only one who knew that I had a crush on Jenny since the 3rd grade, and a few days ago I told him that I had stronger feelings for Jenny since the day we all started hanging out with her.

"okay, okay." he said calming me down. "its not that big of a deal-" he started. "WHAT?!" I cut him off, not realizing I was a little louder than I was before. they all had turned around looking at eddie and I who were about 6 feet behind. I smiled cockily and they turned back around rolling their eyes.

"seriously eds. I cant help it around her." I told him. "than just ask her out." he simply said. "do you think its that easy?" I asked rhetorically. "uh... yes?" he said. I groaned internally realizing that small Eddie spaghetti wouldn't understand no matter how hard I would try to explain it to him. "you don't get it." I said rolling my eyes. "yes I do" he spat back.

"all I'm saying is that, maybe if you do ask her out, things wont go that bad." he added.

"huh?" I asked, totally confused. "are you saying that she maybe likes me back?" I said with a little hope in my eyes.

"what?! no!- that's... not what I mean rich." he said shaking his head. I raised my eyebrow and tilted my head to the side, still not getting what he's trying to say.