| 3 |

The wolf grumbled, continuing to sprint through the woods. He would glance back every so often, as if checking to make sure he wasn't being followed.

Eventually he stopped, suddenly transforming into a human. Ah, it might be time to say he's a shapeshifter; if you couldn't tell already, that is.

Nick panted, out of breath and winced as he moved. He looked down, only to notice the deep cuts and bruises he had. He groaned, swaying before finally collapsing against a tree.

Everything hurt in his body. It was the fourth time this week his ex-wolf pack had hunted him down, and attacked him; and for once they overpowered him.

It was stupid, though. The wolves only attacked him for being a shapeshifter, when their leader was one. Sure, their leader hid the fact, but really? He was more of a wolf than human anyways. At least, that's how he was treated.

Nick groaned. He probably wouldn't be able to walk, so was he going to bleed out? No one but wild animals ever wandered the dark forest, and if he was still there by nighttime, bleeding out would be the least of his worries-

He examined his wounds once again. There was a rip in his jeans, with a large gash below it. It was always a mystery to him on how the clothes he wore when he switched forms had also been attacked somehow.

He glanced around, squinting through his cracked glasses as if to look to see if there were any nearby villages. If he was where he thought he was, there should be a village nearby…

...but that village? It was known to be home to thieves, killers, and had its own queen murdered. Nick rarely went to that village, only if it was a dire emergency, such as having to steal food or hide away from the wolves.

And if Nick remembered right, the village was called...Shredville? He could be wrong, though-

"Oh look, if it isn't the freak all alone.."

The voice belonged to someone Nick knew almost all too well. Nick tensed up, snapping his head up for his eyes to meet with the icy blue ones of a wolf’s.

The wolf slowly creeped forward, eventually changing into his human form as he got closer. It was his ex-wolf pack's leader.

Nick's eyes narrowed. He spit out some blood before speaking. “What do you want? Haven't you harmed me enough?” Nick snapped.

The wolves leader crouched in front of Nick, a smirk gracing his lips. “No, no, little shapeshifter. What the other wolves did was just the beginning.” He said with a chuckle.

Nick raised a brow. “So you're just going to beat me up even more? Look, you've won okay-”  

“No, I haven't.” The leader interrupted, glaring daggers at Nick. “As long as you're alive, you'll keep hinting at the fact that I'm a shapeshifter. Those stupid wolves are already suspicious enough.” He scowled. “So I need to end it here. And now. So that way you can't get in my way.”

The leader transformed back into a wolf, teeth snarling as he backed up, ready to attack Nick.

Nick let out an exasperated sigh. This was it, wasn't it. Nick squeezed his eyes shut, deciding this would be a lot easier if he just accepted it rather than struggle.

A loud thud was heard, and yet, Nick didn't feel any different. He opened one eye, peering around and his eyes stopping at the sight before him. The leader was knocked out on his side, and a cat was right besides him. Nick blinked. Did the cat knock out the leader? Whoa-

The cat meowed, sounding a bit sorrowful, and bit at his sleeve. The cat seemed to be trying to move him, and when it wasn't working, let go. Nick raised a brow, confused at what the cat was doing. He winced as it let out an ear piercing screech before trying again. This time, Nick caught on and tried to drag himself to the direction the cat was pulling him in.