$"-€+€-, / -4.1 \

Shredville was always the village with the highest crime rate, no matter what.

And somehow, Tommy always helped keep the crime rate from getting worse.

But how did Tommy do it?

Well, this tale starts back before the adventure began. It was about a week after the Obade Kingdom met it's destruction, and Cory had just framed Tommy for the murder of the queen.

Tommy was roaming through the alleyways. He only knew his way around due to the fact he had to find criminals back there when he was a guard. He was really just trying to hide, or find a way to leave before he could get caught.

While walking, he found the strangest thing. It was a mask with a smiley face on it. Tommy originally was going to just leave it, but then he heard guards nearing. So, he did something that he hoped would work; he put on the mask.

The guards rushed through the alleyway, quickly finding the male. "You! Who are you?!" One of them asked.

Tommy could barely hold in his laugher at their idioticy. "Uuuh. I'm..Timmy." He replied. The guard looked at him, before shrugging.

"Did you see the queen's person- well, ex-personal guard pass through here?" He asked, and Tommy shook his head.

The guards then quickly left, causing Tommy to burst out laughing. "Idiots, can't even recognize someone who's just wearing a mask! Jeez people have such small craniums-" he mumbled, shaking his head.

"Thief!" Tommy quickly peered out of the alleyway, only to see an old woman looking shocked as she stared at something. Tommy followed her stare, only to see a young boy chasing after a man holding a bag of goodies.

Tommy quickly sprinted after the two, gaining speed as he went. He passed the boy, and was getting closer to the man. He soon caught up, and instantly tackled the man. The man dropped the bag, and Tommy picked up the bag. He walked back towards the boy, who looked at him in awe.

"I'll..I'll take that." He said, reaching for the bag. Tommy smiled slightly under the mask, giving the bag to him.

"Here you go, kid. Now I'd suggest you go and take care of your stuff better before that cream weasel gets over here-" Tommy said.

"Of course. Thanks, uh..who are you?" Tommy looked at the kid, and shrugged.

"Who knows. Now I gotta run, see you around kid!" Tommy quickly saluted at the kid before running off. The kid just stared, watching Tommy go.

× | ×

About a week later, rumour had spread about a masked hero. Wore a stupidly happy mask, and just went around helping save kids from kidnapping, return stolen items from thieves, even stop people from being beaten up.

Some guards appreciated his help, and would sometimes ask if Tommy would like to be a guard. He would object, since he knew he would have to take off his mask. And someone would be destined to recognize him.

Tommy was currently strolling through the shadows, stopping to wait at the marketplace. Many stands were setting up stop, and he was waiting for a crime to happen.

A raggedy man stood at his stand, groaning as he threw something on the ground. Curiously, Tommy crept over to see what was wrong.

"Did you just get a divorce with your wife or something?" He questioned. The raggedy man quickly looked up at Tommy, laughing.

"Oh, I wish- don't tell her that." The raggedy man sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I don't know how to spell, but some guy said that you need to have words to label your stand- it makes it stand out." The man explained.

"I can help! Whaddya need to spell?" Tommy questioned.

"Well, I dont know what these things are called. I just know to they make you feel better." The man replied, gesturing to the medical supplies that were on his stand.

"Those are called heal heal things, my good sir." Tommy said, grinning under the mask. "So write H-E-A-L H-E-A-L T-H-I-N-G-S on the sign." Tommy replied.

The man followed his instructions quickly, flashing a crooked smile at Tommy. "Thanks!"

"You're very welcome!" Tommy said, before returning to the shadows, making his way to the alleyway.

But inside the alleyway, a surprise awaited him.

"Hey-" Tommy instantly recognized the kid. It was the first person he helped as the masked hero, as everyone called him.

"How did you find me you worm!" Tommy shouted, and the kid grinned.

"You're not the most secretive person, masked hero. What's your name, anyways?" The kid questioned, inching towards Tommy.

"None of your business, obviously." Tommy retorted. The kid continued to grin.

"Well, all hero's have a sidekick. Can't I be yours? And plus, one day you'll need someone to fill in for you when you're sick, I can do that. This is how I'll repay you for helping me and my grandma." The kid replied, extending his hand out.

"Oli."

Tommy stared at the kid for a moment, before shaking his hand.

"Tommy."

× | ×

Tommy and Oli both played the masked hero role. Oli filled in when needed, but eventually, Oli got his own mask, and they could both be the masked hero.

It was surprising, that no one recognized them. Just like those dumb shows where when you put on a mask, no one knows who you are even if you're voice and hair are one of a kind-

"You know, Tommy. I'm sure my grandma wouldn't mind you staying at my house. So you don't have to always live on the streets." Oli offered as the two traveled through the alleyways, heading to the marketplace.

"Nah, you worms can keep your house. The streets are where I belong, brutha." Tommy replied.

"Yeah, but still. My grandma likes having guests over anyways. She enjoys having you over for dinner, so you can come over tonight again." Oli explained.

"Oh, sure. Sounds like a plan." Tommy replied, sending a thumbs up at Oli.

Silence passed between the two for a bit.

"Why do you wear that mask, Tommy?" Oli asked.

"You wouldn't want to know. Long story short, no one likes the person under this mask for unfair reasons. People will call me the bad guy and shame me if I take off this mask, so I kind of have to keep it on." Tommy replied.

Before Oli could say more, Tommy was gone.

"What the- Tommy, get back here!"