| 4 |

The three set out to this so called Shredville. The walk was mostly silent, leaving Ashlie lost in her thoughts.

There was a time when her parents had to go to Shredville, and she stayed home under the watch of Dawn. At that time, her parents were trying to sign a peace treaty with the rulers; all because of a rumour about a threat of burning down the whole kingdom had spread throughout Enderville.

In the end, it turned out that the king there was having troubles with local thieves and killers. The threat must have just been some troublemaker trying to stir up some trouble. In fact, Ashlie had overheard her parents worrying about the queen of Shredville, who was recently assassinated. Rumour was that the killer still lurked in Shredville, ready to strike at any-

Before Ashlie had even realized, the three and the two animals had arrived at the gates that would let them into Shredville. The gate was locked, but no guards seemed to be patrolling or were around. "Aren't guards supposed to be watching over the gate?" Ashlie asked, scanning the wall with a brow raised. Nick nodded.

"The last time they weren't here was when they were chasing after some criminal. I think it was the sidekick of some big assassination that happened." Nick replied.

Ashlie gasped. "The assassination of the queen? She had two people involved?" Ashlie pondered. It was Uni's turn to gasp.

"The queen of this place was assassinated? That's terrible! It's no wonder this place is such a...mess.." Uni said, his voice growing quieter.

"Since the guards don't seem to be coming, follow me." Nick said, walking on the left side of the wall.

"Where are you leading us?" Ashlie questioned, hesitantly following.

"The wolf pack made a secret entrance here a few days ago. Its how they hunt animals when they can't find any out in the wild- they steal from the inside." Nick replied.

"Are wolves that smart? Not to be offensive or anything-" Uni said, panicked in his voice. Nick chuckled, shaking his head.

"They aren't. It's their leader- he's a shapeshifter, like me; except way ruder." Nick said, a frown on his face.

"Oh.." Silence passed for a bit, before Nick stopped.

"Here it is." Nick said, crouching down and gesturing to a hole that went under the wall.

"Uh, do we have to go through there?" Uni asked, looking at the dirt hole with his face scrunched up.

"There's no other way!" Ashlie exclaimed, smiling, and eager to go through it.

"You're excited to go through a hole? To sneak in?" Uni asked, looking somewhat concerned.

Ashlie simply shrugged. "I've never really left my c- house, so it's really exciting to do anything that doesn't involve being cramped up inside!" She exclaimed. Ashlie jumped into the hole, crawling in it and crawling out on the other side of the wall. "Come on, its safe!" She shouted. Nick came over next.

"Are you sure? I don't-"

"Come on, Uni! You won't get hurt or anything! Promise!" Ashlie shouted, crouching down and reaching her hand through the hole. “You can take my hand, too! I'll help you up.” She beamed.

Uni sighed. "Alright then..." Uni crawled through the hole, taking Ashlie’s hand, in which in return she pulled him up and out. Uni dusted himself off, coughing. "Yuck.." He muttered, shaking his head. Ashlie giggled at his reaction.

"Anyways, what did we need again? Bandages and medicines and such?" Nick asked. Uni nodded.

"Ah, yeah. They should be over this way if I'm correct.." Uni said, leading the group through the village. There were stands out, with people yelling and trying to get people passing by to buy things. This was no except for our characters, but they also got weird glances, head tilts, and stares. Ashlie had wondered why, until she noticed the differences in outfits between the villagers and them.