| 7 |

Nick glanced at the two who had decided to tag along. He internally groaned, rubbing his temples.

Why had he agreed to letting Jon and Tommy come along with him? Out of everyone, he would have preferred Uni or Ashlie to come along since he trusted they could run fast enough and be sneaky.

But Jon and Tommy? Tommy would probably crack a joke or do something stupid. Jon? Nick didn't exactly know.

But he was definitely worried about the outcome of this situation.

The three were walking in silence. Jon had his hands in his pockets, looking to the ground. Tommy was slightly skipping while he walking, snapping his fingers in random directions, as if expecting something to pop out.

"So...do you go around and shred on animals often?" Tommy questioned, turning his gaze to face Nick. Nick blinked.

"Uh, shred on animals..?" Nick replied, raising a brow. He had never heard the term shred being used in such an odd way. It was weird.

"Yeah, uh huh. Y'know, attack them and that cool stuff." Tommy said, slamming his fists together to show what it was like.

"Uh, no. The other wolves do that, I just take the leftovers." Nick replied, shaking his head.

"Vright, vright." Tommy said, looking away. Jon sighed, causing Nick to glance over at him

"Is something wrong, Jon?" Nick asked his jester friend. The sigh didn't seem to be a tired or irritated one, but a sad one in Nick's opinion.

"Well, I kinda just came along because I don't want to be a burden to Uni.” Jon started, staring at the ground. “He kinda just let us walk all over his house, and it is really rare to find someone who lets you stay at their house." Jon continued, holding his arm. Tommy nodded in agreement.

"Yeah! Especially in Shredville.." Tommy one mumbled.

"Right! And plus, I'm just a jester! And I can't pay someone as nice as him back...makes me feel guilty...?" Jon said, the smile staining a look of sorrow on his face.

"Hey, I'm sure we can repay him somehow brutha- we're getting the meat for his dog or whatever-"

"Wolf." Nick interrupted, correcting Tommy. Tommy waved his hand at Nick, as if dismissing his words.

"Yeah, uh huh. And plus, we can help him out in many ways! We just don't know them yet." Tommy said.

Right. Right, Tommy. Nick thought, shaking his head,

"I guess you're right." Jon said with a shrug, his smile brightening slightly.

"I'm always right." Tommy claimed smugly.

"Right..right.." Jon said, his smile finally back to normal as he stifled a laugh.

"Nice to see you two are getting along, but don't start flirting, alright?" Nick said, teasingly glancing at the two.

"Vright, vright. As if I'd ever hit on someone like Jon." Tommy stated, rolling his eyes and crossing his arms.

"Yeah, I'd always hit on someone like Tommy!" Jon said, slinging an arm around Tommy.

"Wait what-" Tommy panicked, instinctively pushing Jon away. Nick chuckled as Jon laughed, shaking his head.

"I'm just joking, Tom!"

Tommy stopped in his tracks for a moment. "Tom?"

"Yeah, cause I'm too lazy to say Tommy everytime-" Jon said, shrugging lightly.