| 17 |

"Oh! I think I see them!" Uni exclaimed, running towards his friends and pets. Bri, Jon, and Uni had went looking for them for about twenty minutes when they weren't coming out. They were walking around the walls, and it was now they finally spotted them. Ashlie smiled slightly, waving as she approached them.

"Oh uh, hey guys." She said. Her voice was off, though, making Uni just a bit concerned.

"Did something happen? Are you alright?" The three exchanged glances before nodding.

"Yeah, we just..uh, barely escaped the guards." Nick stammered, averting his eyes.

"Oh, well I'm glad you're okay!" Jon added, and the six- plus Duni and Uni-Chan- started off towards the cottage.

Jon kept questioning Nick about the suit and such, and Tommy kept trying to make puns out of anything and everything he saw. Bri was just watching them, shaking her head and laughing at his idiotic actions. Ashlie and Uni were trailing off in the back, and Uni was holding Duni while Uni-Chan walked besides them.

"So, uh, should we stop for Duni?" Bri suddenly said. Everyone stopped in their tracks, and Uni looked at Duni with a frown.

"What do you mean?" Tommy asked, a puzzled expression on his face.

"Well, I have to return home soon, y'know. And since we're out here, away from danger, I could heal Duni right now-" Bri started.

"Yes! I mean, that would be lovely if you could-" Uni said, and Bri grinned and his response.

"Cool, cool. Set him down over here." Bri led Uni over to a tree stump, and he carefully put Duni down.

Bri dismissed the group with her hand, saying she'd need to concentrate in peace to do this. So most of them let her be- well, minus the fact that Tommy was excited and wanted to watch her do her thing, and the fact that Uni kept glancing over at her. Nick and Jon were talking, and so was Ashlie and Uni. 

He glanced over at Duni and Bri, worried for the two. Uni-Chan looked at him, staying silent as she walked over to Duni and Bri. Uni sighed, shaking his head and sitting on the ground. Ashlie sat beside him.

"Hey, Uni, you doing okay?" She asked, and Uni hesitantly nodded.

"Yeah, I'm just worried. What if this doesn't work? What if Duni just gets worse? Or what if he-"

"It'll be okay, Uni, I promise." She reassured, smiling. Uni smiled slightly back at her, sighing again.

"Hey, Uni, if you don't mind, could I ask you something?" She asked, glancing around, as if she thought she was being watched. This worried him instantly. Uni frowned slightly, nodding.

"Go ahead; what is it, Ashlie?" He asked and she stared intently at him.

"I need you to be honest. Do you trust me?" She asked.

"Of course I do, Ashlie. You're my friend." Uni answered. She smiled, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Good. Do you trust the others?" She asked, glancing at the others. Uni looked over at them, unsure of what to answer.

"Depends. I trust Nick, and I trust Jon a bit, I don't know about Tommy, but Bri seems like a lovely girl." Uni answered once more. "But I trust them if you do," he added, and she looked at the others, gaze lingering for a moment before returning back at Uni.

"Okay, thanks." She said. Uni smiled.

"You're welcome, Ashlie."

× | ×

Apparently, Bri came across a few problems during her healing process, causing this whole thing to be longer than it should be. Ashlie and Uni were sitting and talking while this went on, and she eventually fell asleep next to him. Tommy kept trying to convince Nick to let him set off one of the explosives he had to make things entertaining, and Jon was just staring up at the sky while lying on the ground.