| 20 |

"It's almost night and they're still not back." Nick complained with a sigh, looking over at Tommy. Tommy shrugged.

"I'm sure the worms are alright. They're tough, y'know?" Tommy stated, and Nick frowned. He ran a hand through his hair.

"I know, but the three of them are people Cory's after- and what if he somehow gets them-" Tommy covered the other' s mouth with his hand, causing Nick to turn a bit red and glare at him as he started to speak.

"Shh, Nicholas, shh-" Nick instantly smacked his hand.

"I said to not call me that! Be glad I didn't bite your hand." Nick muttered, and he could feel Tommy grinning under that dumb mask.

"But you're cute when you're flustered-"

"You won't be saying that once I break your mask-" Tommy shut up after that. Nick gave an exasperated sigh, and looked at Tommy. "Sorry, that was messed up to say-"

"You look cute when you apologize-"

"Never mind, I meant what I said." Bri laughed, walking over.

"Okay, gays- I mean, guys-" Bri laughed at her word mess up, and Nick gave her a death glare . "Calm down. Look, Tommy, Nick here is obviously trying to say no to your flirting attempts, so stop." She said, laughing still.

"I was only joking! Why would I flirt with a loser like Nick!?"

"Sure, Tommy, sure." Nick chuckled, before glancing outside again.

"Don't worry, Nick. I'm sure they're fine. If they're not back by tomorrow afternoon, we'll go look for them, alright?" Bri suggested, in an attempt to comfort the shapeshifter. He simply sighed.

"Whatever you say..."

She grinned, walking away. "Since its getting late, who's sleeping where?" Bri asked.

"Dibs on the bed!" Tommy shouted.

"Fine with me. Floor is comfy anyways." Bri retorted, laughing slightly. Nick nodded in agreement, and Tommy shook his head.

"Weirdos..."

"Hey!"

× | ×

When Nick woke up, he wasn't expecting to be in the forest. He quickly frowned, not able to recognize where he was or see Uni's cottage. So this means either he somehow slept walked here, Tommy was being a jerk and decided to throw him out of the house, or Cory did something. Either way, Nick started walking, in hopes of finding a way out of this situation. He sure as heck hoped this wasn't because of Cory...

Nick eventually arrived at what seemed to a village; and the village's graveyard. He stopped midway, as this situation seemed so familiar. Not a good familiar. He slowly walked towards the graveyard. There were quite a few graves, but there were two stood out. Two side by side, that seemed new compared to the other graves.

As he approached the graves, a little boy around age twelve ran towards the graves, sitting in front of them. He was about to say something, but the boy had the idea first.

"Hey mom, dad. I don't know why they put your graves here if you're both missing, but I think it's because they think they can get rid of me if there's no one here to protect me." The little boy whispered, and Nick immediately recognized him; it was him, but when he was younger.

"So, I'll try and stay another day- to wait for you- but if you're not here by then, I'll have to leave..." His words trailed off, and Nick couldn't help but feel bad. He felt bad, thinking about this moment, thinking about how he felt back then.