4.2: The Fragments

{a/n: I'm gonna revisit this chapter and change a lot since I made a huge turn in the current version... thank you for supporting me and my story!}

~

After the doctor and the nurses checked on Jimin, Taehyung took a stool and sat beside the bed as he reached for the smaller's hand... It's been several years since the two experience being in a hospital... Those memories still gave the Taehyung chills and bitter taste, as it isn't a great memory to begin with...

One of those moments is when Taehyung got bullied due to his weird personality and ability to talk to his so called 'alien friends'... Five of his classmates waited for him in the locker room and beat the crap out of him.. They called him names such as 'lunatic' 'eccentric' 'mentally retarded' and 'crank' from which Jimin usually ended up getting involved... It was supposed to be a peaceful afternoon for both of them when the group crowded Jimin and Taehyung, as the two were walking towards their second period class... Taehyung was happily holding a Kero chan plushy, while his other hand was linked into his best friend's hand... They were so close to their classroom when the group yanked them both into the empty science classroom and started beating them... Taehyung only cried for being hurt, while Jimin fought all of them with his might, yet indeed the five of them were stronger than him...

"Stop! No no please! I'm sorry!  I'M SORRY!!! Leave him alone! Don't hurt him!" Taehyung yelled and cried as he tried to stop the perpetrators who continued hurting his friend. "Jiminie didn't do anything wrong to you!"

The bullies didn't listen to his plea and just continued kicking and punching the smaller boy over and over again... One of them even wanted to hit Taehyung with the wooden chair they've been using in class, yet Jimin made sure to protect his best friend that he ended being the one who was hit in the back... Thank goodness that one of their teachers saw the entire  scene, making the perpetrators stop and took them to the principal's office to report the incident... Both Jimin and Taehyung rushed into the hospital and stayed for the rest of the week, as both of them received several hard blows that  fractured some parts of their body... Mrs. Kim didn't hesitate to file a request to expel the students who beat her children up despite the protest of their parents... What kind of parent would let their children study with the same people who hurt them? And if the school won't take action for what they've done, then she will definitely find another school to enroll in, somewhere with a zero bullying policy...

"I remember those times when you act like a knight and put my safety first above yours... It's kinda funny to think that someone with a petite body and angelic face would fight anyone who bullies me..." Taehyung bit his quivering lip to keep himself calm. "If only I could be like that for you, if only I'm a better friend and brother to you then maybe you won't end up getting sick and exhausted... I'm sorry... I'm really sorry Jiminie..."

Jungkook watches the two as Taehyung keep holding his best friend's hand... He wondered if he can be as close as the latter to Jimin as the time goes by... He wanted to make up for everything he wasn't able to do while he's away... If only he isn't an idol and just a normal person, maybe things would be so much easier... But as much as he wanted to daydream about all the possibilities in his head, his manager is already killing his mood  due to the amount of messages and miscalls that his phone received for the entire period he's gone... Can't he have a peaceful night with his friends? Jimin isn't awake and Taehyung needs someone to help him if the doctor would instruct or tell him anything related to the patient...

"As much as I wanted to accept hyung's call and explain everything that happened today, Jiminie's health is my top priority so I can't leave him alone..." Jungkook sighed. "I'll accept the consequences of my action once Jimin gets discharged... It's not like he will kill me just because I went missing for a day or two..." He scoffs at the ridiculous idea in his head as he turns his phone off.

"Tae? Do you want something to eat? I'll go get something in the nearest convenient store..." The idol offered.

"No it's okay... Just stay here beside Jimin... You're an idol now, so going into public places won't do any good apart from getting people's attention..." Taehyung replied as he stood up. "Besides, if Jimin suddenly woke up and didn't see you, he might think that you didn't care for him... He's always moody when sick..."

"Alright then... I'll try my best to take care of him... Thank you." Jungkook smiled softly.

"You should... Cause he needs you more than you could ever think of, so at least stay by his side for now..." With one last glance, Taehyung left the two alone in the room and went to the convenience store to buy some food for both of them.