one

The waves fell around with a calmness that Taehyung loved so much. He felt so at peace, forgot his struggles and pains for a second and just let his mind wander around the feeling of the water surging through his legs, and then flowing back and mixing with the rest of the ocean. The feeling of wet sand as he wiggles his toes is something he always took for granted in his childhood and it was only now that he realized how valuable those emotions were.

He wishes he could go back in time, wishes that he could be a child all over again, without a care in the world, without expectations, without a sense of what reality was, what dreams were. Without a sense of responsibility.

But that's as far as Taehyung can go. He can only wish.

And wishes never came true.

So he stared at the sunset, stared at the beautiful orange sun and the sky that was an array of colors, ranging from orange to red. The view was spectacular, but it brought tears to Taehyung's eyes.

For once, the blonde let them run down, didn't hurry to hide them. He didn't hurry and wipe them away and put on his 'easy go lucky' facade that he shows to his members and his fans.

He didn't want anyone to worry about him, about his emotions and how he was so mentally unstable. Taehyung refused to talk to anyone about his feelings, refused to open up and show people his true side.

The side that overtakes him when he closes his eyes to sleep. The side of him which forces him to think about his bad choices, think about the parts in his life that he doesn't want to go back to, the parts he truly regrets.

The hot tears run down even faster at the thought and Taehyung lets himself go. He crashes down and falls to his knees. The blonde puts his hand in front and sees his hands through the clear ocean water. A blue shell finds its way onto Taehyung's palm and he examines it. But as the next wave comes through, the water takes the shell away and Taehyung's tears flow even harder. He couldn't even keep a goddamned shell in his hand, no wonder he couldn't keep a relationship.

Another wave hit Taehyung and his hand is still in front of him as the water flows in. He feels his tongue poke out of his mouth and tastes the salt water of his tears, no different from the ocean that gushes through his hands.

🚬

Taehyung doesn't know how long he stays in the same position, but he knows that it was at least five hours, but he finally makes it make to his dorm which is a lonely one hour bus ride away. Of course it was lonely.

He enters the dorm and the time is what he notices first; 2:40 AM. Taehyung sighs, mostly to himself as he comes in completely, shaking off his wet shoes near the door. He looks down at his wet pants and curses mentally.

But as he passes through the living room, he is met with Jungkook with the most unpleased look on his face, his usual calm composure mostly angry.

It's almost as if Taehyung has this switch inside of him that he flips over to make him the cheerful person again. One that fake smile so easily that its scary. And that side takes over Taehyung by instinct.

"Hey Jungkookie," Taehyung says, well aware that Jungkook was probably worried sick.

"Hey Jungkookie?," Jungkook mocks, "What the hell hyung? Where were you?" Jungkook asks and his heart aches at the concern. The concern that he expected from his girlfriend. Now ex girlfriend. Was it too much to ask for? Probably.

"You know, just here and there," Taehyung replies casually. Jungkook eyes then scan his body as he notices that his pants are completely drenched. It doesn't take long for the younger to connect the dots.