three

Jungkook's silent tears were ignored by Taehyung who proceeded to break down once more, crying into his bedsheets. This time, however, Jungkook didn't stop the older.  He let him cry into the sheets, balling his hands tightly and banging them repeatedly on the bed to show signs of frustration. 

She must have been very important to Taehyung, if he's this affected. But Jungkook also knew that Taehyung was naturally a caring person and experiencing two people's death first hand was traumatizing to just imagine. And Taehyung was amazing at hiding his true feelings which often scared the younger and he could have hidden it completely from his family. And now them. 

Jungkook swears mentally. He's been blind to Taehyung's suffering for a week almost. And their break ends in less than a month. And he doubts that Taehyung will be able to bounce back within such a short amount of time. 

Taehyung feels a familiar and at the same time unfamiliar hand running down his back and for some reason, he cries even harder. But the hand just stays, moving up and down and drawing incomprehensible patterns on his back. It was soothing. And Taehyung lets the hand stay, not trying to shove it off and Jungkook is thankful. 

The older's cries don't stop though, they continue, his tears falling steadily and Jungkook continues. It might have been seconds, minutes or hours that Jungkook stays there by Taehyung's side, but they don't count. 

🚬

Lunch was a painful process, lasting so much longer than usual. Both boys didn't have an appetite per say but they had to eat something to keep their bodies running. Instant ramen was their best option, and Jungkook quickly made some. He noticed that the strawberry smoothie he made that morning was still there and frowned. The younger didn't let himself dwell on the smoothie for too long but he couldn't deny the slight heartbreak. 

After preparing the ramen, Jungkook set up the dining table for two and right before he called out his name, the older came to the dining space, his head hung low and Yeontan in his arms, desperately licking Taehyung's face to cheer him up. It didn't work. Jungkook's frown deepened. 

The other's eyes were deep red, swollen and the bags under his eyes were not covered with makeup like usual. So that's why Taehyung wore makeup all this time. The realization hit Jungkook harder than he thought. Taehyung's bangs were all over the place, uncultured and his hair had grown, the black of his roots more prominent now. 

Taehyung pulled out the chair and started to eat the noodles slowly, taking his time with it. He wasn't enjoying the food but merely pushing it around in his plate, not having the heart to want to eat at that point. Jungkook felt the same way but he knew that he had to eat just to gain some energy. 

"Taehyung, eat" the younger ordered, almost demanded and Taehyung flinched lightly. Jungkook's heart cracked lightly at how fragile Taehyung was. Still, Taehyung barely nodded and fastened his pace just a little. 

"Please, you need some energy," he said and that was enough to gain Taehyung's attention. Taehyung looked up at Jungkook, his eyes nonchalantly scanning his figure. 

"Okay," Taehyung replied before looking back down at his food. 

"What do you want to do?" Jungkook asked and Taehyung shrugged.

"Stay here, cry maybe," Taehyung replied and Jungkook cursed under his breath. He looked at the clock near the door and sighed. It was almost 5:15. 

"Okay, we can do that," Jungkook said as he and Taehyung finished up and set their plates down at the sink. "But please, let me in Taehyung. I want to help you, don't shut me out," Jungkook pleaded and Taehyung looked at Jungkook for a split second before nodding lightly.