seven

"Okay, so we just get a few clothes for tonight and tomorrow and a small suitcase to fit out stuff into, no more no less," Jungkook says and Taehyung nods.

Of course they don't just stop with two pairs.

Jungkook ends up choosing two plain white tees and Taehyung curses at him, ordering him to buy something less boring. Jungkook then gets more exciting clothes and Taehyung has a few more than what they agreed for, but neither of them care. The cashier scans their items slowly, and they can't really blame her. They are probably one of the last customers there. Before Jungkook can take out his card, Taehyung hands it over to the cashier and Jungkook's eyes widen at the total price.

"You paid for dinner, its only fair if I paid for this," Taehyung says and Jungkook curses.

"But dinner was literally three times less expensive than this," he retorts and Taehyung's hits him on the chest lightly.

"It's okay brat, I'm the hyung anyways," Taehyung says and Jungkook huffs but they soon step out into the night and start walking back to the hotel.

It's a short walk back but the pair take their time with it and Taehyung doesn't hesitate to intertwine their fingers together. It's a comfortable silence again and Taehyung rests his head on Jungkook's shoulder.

"Thank you Jungkook," Taehyung says out of the blue a few minutes into their walk.

"Why?" Jungkook asks and Taehyung sighs out through his nose before he starts to speak.

"It's just that you've really been there for me the past few days and I know I said it during dinner too but I love you so much for what you're doing for me," Taehyung says and Jungkook's breath gets trapped. I love you It's platonic of course but Jungkook can't help but want it to be otherwise. Weird, he thinks to himself as the thought dissolves in his mind.

"Of course hyung, I'm just sad that you didn't tell me sooner," Jungkook replies and Taehyung sighs again.

"I was just so scared. I was scared of what your reaction would be but I know. I should have told you so much sooner, should have called you when I started to fall in love," Taehyung says. Fall in love The sentence irks Jungkook somewhere deep inside but he doesn't give it much thought. Doesn't think that it was important.

"Its okay hyung, I'm glad you told me," Jungkook replies and Taehyung hums against his shoulder. They are soon at the foot of the hotel and the receptionist smiles at them as they make their way onto their floor.

Jungkook's the one to insert the key card this time around and Taehyung hogs the shower first, making Jungkook grunt but Taehyung promises that he'll take less than five minutes. Jungkook can work with that. Jungkook sits on the couch and scrolls through his phone, texting the hyungs that they were both safe and sound in a hotel room. He gets a reply from Jin in barely a second asking if they had dinner and Jungkook replies with a yes.

Taehyung then comes out, early as promised, a bathrobe covering his body and his blonde hair wet and matted against his forehead. He has a hand towel with him and he wipes his face with it and tells Jungkook that the bathroom was now free for him to use.

Jungkook then strips out of his clothes before he climbs into the shower and lets the hot water soak his hair and his body. After showering, he also puts on a bathrobe and gets out of the bathroom, letting out a hiss when he feels the cold room make contact with his body, the water only adding to the chill that was creeping up on him.

Taehyung was comfortably sitting in the bed, scrolling through his phone when he sees Jungkook and offers him a smile.

"You need to change right? I'll stand in the balcony," Taehyung says and before Jungkook can say that he can change in the bedroom, Taehyung gets up and puts on the indoor slippers and walks into the balcony, his back facing Jungkook.

The younger then quickly changes into the pajamas he got, black and extremely comfortable. He makes a mental note to buy more of this back in Seoul because this feels so fucking soft. He then dries his hair with a towel messily and looks at Taehyung who was staring out the balcony, his hair now flowing with the wind.

It seems like a scene from the movie where the protagonist is staring at something so longingly outside of a balcony and right now, they might as well be in a movie, considering the circumstances. Even from behind, Taehyung looks absolutely incredible, dressed in a more colorful blue and white pajama set. So Jungkook can't really blame himself when he goes up behind Taehyung and hugs the elder from behind.

Taehyung is surprised at first, obviously, because usually Jungkook doesn't really initiate intimacy. But Taehyung smiles and leans back into Jungkook's chest, loving the way Jungkook's arms were warm and felt safe. They felt like home.

"I missed this," Jungkook says and Taehyung hums.

Another wave of wind came into the balcony and made Taehyung's hair messily flow everywhere, including right at Jungkook's face which made him sneeze lightly. Taehyung laughed at this and he turns around to save Jungkook from sneezing again. He wants to laugh again but it gets caught in his throat somewhere because Jungkook's staring at him and its different. Taehyung can feel that its different. It seems as if time froze all of a sudden and it was just them, alone in a balcony. The background them blurred into nothing and all Jungkook could see was Taehyung.

The beautiful, caring and kind Taehyung who never deserved all the pain he got lately. The Taehyung who has helped him through so much and never asked for anything in return. The Taehyung who deserved to be happy more than any else he knew. The Taehyung who had his heart broken into a million pieces.

And Jungkook wanted to heal all million pieces of his heart, put them together again and make it whole. And suddenly, theres this tug at his heart, someone pulling on his heart strings so perfectly and theres something inside him that's screaming at him to close the gap between them.

And so Jungkook leans in and presses his lips on Taehyung's and he closes his eyes.

🚬