two

It might have been mere seconds or long hours but Taehyung closed his eyes and he let out slow snores to signify that he was sleeping. Jungkook didn't. Jungkook stayed awake, playing with Taehyung's hair throughout the morning. He didn't move even if his legs were numb, even if his stomach was grumbling with hunger towards noon, he didn't move because he was scared if he did, Taehyung would wake up.

And if Taehyung woke up, he was scared that he wouldn't let Jungkook this close again.

So Jungkook enjoyed the intimacy, the close embrace as he felt Taehyung's soft snores against his chest, felt his body moving with each breath he took. He loved how Taehyung didn't stop hugging him the whole time, how his hands would tighten around the younger's torso once in a while. Jungkook missed this, missed having the older in his arms, missed having them so close.

Jungkook had missed their cuddles, their long night conversations, missed hearing Taehyung giggle and make fun of him, missed how Taehyung would try to hit the younger but would fail immensely, missed how Taehyung would scream when Jungkook threw him over his shoulder when he tried to make fun of his muscular body.

Everything changed, everything changed when he went to Daegu. Jungkook remembered how Taehyung had come back that day after his vacation. He had the same box smile and hugged everybody when he saw them, but his smile didn't quite reach his eyes. The younger then heard something that night and saw that it was Taehyung, wailing into the sheets.

He should have done something then, should have done something when Taehyung was crying so hard. But he didn't. Instead he gave Taehyung space and waited until he would open up on his own. Stupid, Jungkook thought.

Taehyung finally stirred up in his sleep, enough to break his hands that were tightly secured around Jungkook's torso. He sat up in the bed, one hand on Jungkook's chest to steady himself. Taehyung then yawned, and his eyes fell on the bedside table clock that showed 4:41PM. Another yawn broke through Taehyung and he then saw Jungkook, still in the same position and their eyes locked. He turned away almost immediately and was ready to get out of the bed when Jungkook held his wrist tightly.

"Please, please tell me what happened Tae. I'm here to help you," Jungkook said and Taehyung finally looked at Jungkook and sighed.

🚬

taehyung loved it in daegu, the air was fresh and the cities were not as densely populated as back in seoul. taehyung whistles as he exits his home, bidding goodbye to his siblings who were overjoyed to see him come and visit him. his parents were prouder than even and he discovered that his old school friends were now his fans as well. it was great, even though he didn't really like all the attention his family got because of him as they didn't have too much privacy. but not a lot of his fans know his address and they are considerate enough to not share it. so he's glad.

he walks down the familiar street where he spent most of his childhood and looks up to the sky. he beams at himself and at how far he's come. he is thankful that his friend dragged him to the bighit audition one day, thankful for the judges to chose him and thankful for getting put into bts. he is so thankful. taehyung smiles once more.

he enters the seven elven store at the end of the small road and walks to the ramen aisle, greeting the shop's owner as well. he then asks for some of his favorite cheap ramen that he enjoyed in his childhood to the shop owner who hands it to him with a smile on his face. he enjoys the basic meal thoroughly, having missed the cheap ramen they used to buy in his university days.

his smile leaves his face, however when he spots the round mirrors on a corner of the shop. he spies a girl with a black hat on hurriedly taking the things on the racks and shoving it into her black bag. taehyung walks to the aisle she is in and puts a hand on her wrist to stop her. the girl's eyes widen as taehyung takes the black bag in his hands and makes his way to the cashier.

the girl, her black hat covering most of her face, only leaving her short brunette hair open turns around and leaves as taehyung puts the bag down on the cashier. taehyung pays for the things that the girl tried to shoplift, flashing another smile before raking his fingers in his brunette hair as he walked out of the store.

the girl is there, waiting for him with a pout on her face. she is way shorter than taehyung but her attitude makes up for her height as she snatches the bag from taehyung's hands. her black ripped jeans and jean jacket give off a vibe that taehyung doesn't really catch on but he shrugs as he sees the girl walk past and away from taehyung. she doesn't even say thank you, but taehyung doesn't let that distract him.

later that day, when taehyung is back in his room, the brunette couldn't help but wonder why the girl was shoplifting goods from the store? what kind of troubles was she facing to have to steal?

the next time taehyung sees the girl is in a train station. she's wearing an unbuttoned long sleeved blue shirt that comes down to knee length, a white top and black shorts. her short hair is not covered with the black hat. she is sitting next to an old man on the sidewalk, an old plate in his hands covered with coins. taehyung frowns at the realization that he was a beggar.

but the girl was smiling fondly at the old man. she was carrying the same black bag she had the previous day and handed it to the man, who at first rejected it. but the girl insisted and gave the man the bag, including all its contents and then walked away.

taehyung realized that the girl stole them to help the beggar out.

thats when taehyung thinks he falls in love.

when the girl notices taehyung later that day, she walks over to him and thanks him greatly, bowing down to show him her kindness. taehyung also realized that she didn't know that he was a famous kpop idol. and he didn't want to flaunt it either.

from their, their relationship was stable, labelled as friends. they hung out mostly, had conversations that were mostly about her and she told him the reason she was stealing food. it was because her mother was bedridden and her father was no longer alive. she was the only breadwinner of the family and she had to save her mother somehow. the hospital fees were very expensive and her multiple part time jobs only satisfied the bills and not her day to day needs.

that's why she started stealing for food, for herself because she was desperate.

that's when they kissed for the first time. when taehyung said that he would support her financially and help pay for her mother's surgery.

soon they were labelled as a couple and taehyung was happy. for a few days, they had the time of their lives, hand in hand, laughing and giggling. taehyung had payed for the surgery. but her mother didn't survive the surgery. she had been a bit too weak.

the world seemed to stop for her and she became distant. taehyung understood, and he was there for her. but what he couldn't understand was why he was met with a note the next day in their usual meeting spot. one that told him that she was grateful for everything. a note that said goodbye.

she had committed suicide.

and taehyung thought it was all his fault.

🚬

Jungkook was crying by the time Taehyung had finished. Taehyung also let his tears fall down without trying to hide them. But all Jungkook could offer was one sentence.

"It's not your fault,"