Prolouge

"Hey look! It's Bangs Boy!" Keefe shouted to us. He came up with all his friends and cornered us. Keefe was in front of me. I looked into his ice blue eyes. I don't know why, but I felt my cheeks heat up. He was so close to me.
"H-hi." I stuttered. He blushed a bit too. But he still was ready to beat us up again.
"This time, just Bangs Boy right here." He waved everyone else away with my friends.
"Tam!" My sister shouted. One of Keefe's friends, Wylie, dragged her away. He actually looked sympathetic. She looked at him. And he blushed. She blushed back. And to my surprise, he let her go. He didn't chase after her. Linh jump kicked Keefe. We ran to our friends and got them free. We hid in our treehouse that surprisingly was well hidden in a tree, despise its size.
"Tam... why'd you blush when Keefe got close to you?" Fitz asked. "You aren't like that."
"I-I... I don't know..." I looked at my shoes trying to deny some hints of the hidden truth. We all look at eachother. I groaned and just layed on the floor and stayed there. We all sighed.
"Well.... to bring up a better topic, there's a school play!" Biana said happily. We looked at eachother. Some of us knew that we had a crush on eachother. Marella had a crush on me, and she still did. But she knows that I like her as a friend. Hey! She isn't bad looking. Actually none of us are. Almost all of us have blue eyes. Except Sophie. That's why Fitz liked her. And I had suspicions that Keefe did too. Somehow that bothered me a big amount.
"Did you hear what I was saying? Tam? Snap outta it!" Sophie slapped me in the face. Dex started laughing hysterically and he rolled on the ground. His face started turning pink, then red, then purple. Then Biana had to slap him. He rubbed his cheek.
"Anyways, what I was saying is that we should all audition for the main characters." Sophie continued.
"Why? So you can get partnered up with Fitzy?" Linh joked. Her and I actually were really the only ones who didn't have a crush on anyone in this group.
"Oh come on! Everyone knows you have a crush on Wylie." Sophie teased back. Linh blushed.
"And yes. That's why we should all audition. Try and get partnered up with our crushes. Whoever we get partnered up with is going to be our so called 'partner' for the rest of the year." Sophie smiled. Everyone looked at me.
"What?" I asked. Clearly they were up to something.
"We were just thinking of you being the replacement of someone, and being partnered up with K-E-E-F-E." Fitz laughed. Biana and Sophie snickered.
"No! I told you. I'm not gay. Why does everyone think that?" I asked crossing my arms.
"Because you're feminine like and you deny most romantic things. Excactly like how a typical girl would do it." Linh answered.
"I am not feminine at all." But then Dex and Fitz pulled their phone out and started texting eachother.
"Guys. What are you texting eachother about?" I asked curiously.
"Just pictures of puppies." Fitz said like it was no big deal. I got in between them.
"PUPPIES OMG OMG OMG THEY ARE SOOOOO CUTE AAGGGGHHHHH EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKK!!!" I squealed. I looked at them. That's what they meant by feminine/girly.
"This is not to be spoken of." I told everyone.
"Too bad. I sent it to Keefe." Fitz said. He was the only one that was friends with Keefe. But even though I should have been scared of Keefe using it against me, I actually blushed and an image of him thinking of me being cute came into my head. I shook my head. I buried my face in my knees.
"Why must it be me...." I said with a muffled voice.

But more importantly, why was I thinking of Keefe so much?