Bokuto •

[Fortune.]

Bokuto leaned forward over the velvety table cloth, anxiously watching the fortune teller. He had visit the same booth for the same festival every year, and the same old woman had been able to predict the following year at least somewhat correctly since he was 11. He was quite convinced that she was a witch, and constantly looked forward to seeing her again every year. As spontaneous of a man he is, he- just like any other volleyball loving teen he knew- could never even fathom knowing exactly what would happen the next year.

"Well?? What does it say...?" Bokuto's volume dropped several levels. Maybe he was scared that his naturally loud voice would break her concentration, and have him wait several more minutes. His patience couldn't have possibly waited any longer. The golden-eyed male sweat slightly, worrying over all the negative possibilities he may hear. One year, the entire, "Ripping his shorts wide open during a beach vacation" was predicted. Ever since then, this whole fortune telling thing became a little less enjoyable.

"Mmm..." The ancient woman knit her thin eyebrows, rings clinking as she fumbled with brilliantly-coloured jewels. She mumbled a few incoherent words, shoulder twitching every few moments.

Bokuto had only waited no more than ten seconds until her hazel eyes flung open. The sudden movement scared him, leaving him jittery and worried beyond belief.

The fortune teller froze. As if she had seen a tremendous monster.

"W-... Well...?!" He whisper-yelled, almost scared her soul had left her body.

Upon realization of her sudden silence, her tense posture slouched. Several of her necklaces glimmered with a warm shine. Bokuto almost saw them radiate with a certain glow. He still felt on edge, but not nearly as much as before.

Her eyes fixed onto his, and she grabbed both his hands with her own, cold, and aged ones.

"You, my boy... You will finally know the true meaning of love. All those dreams about being with that one special person. They're all going to come true very soon." She smiled kindly. "Isn't that just wonderful?"

Bokuto hadn't wasted a single moment whipping out his phone (ignoring the fact that he had dropped it several times in doing so) and texting none other than Akaashi Keiji. A stoic acquaintance whom he ranted about everything too. Truly man's best friend.

Bokuto 🐥: AAKAHSIIISHF

Akaashi 🕊: What happened? Did you find another raccoon?

Bokuto 🐥: NONOONOBON OON NOOO

Bokuto 🐥: (Y/N)-KUN LIKE SME

Akaashi 🕊: Oh, well that's wonderful.

Bokuto 🐥: YOU DOMT UDNEESTAND

Bokuto 🐥: (Y/N) IS SO COOL AND CUTE AND AWESOME AND MANLY AND EVERYTHING COOL

Bokuto 🐥: I CANT SEE HIM LIKING ME LIKE THE OLDWRINKLY FORTUNE LADY SAYS!!!

Akaashi 🕊: Ah. The fortune teller. I see. I cannot say I doubt her.

Bokuto 🐥: ??.!

~~~

The very next day, Bokuto gathered all the courage he had in his little, golden heart to ask (Y/N) out. As unattainably perfect as he viewed him, they were still close friends. Even if Bokuto had been wanting to be so much more than that since the moment they met. He currently sat across from the man himself. (H/C) hair dancing to Beethoven's work passionately as the ferris wheel cart rocked, (E/C) eyes gleaming at the sight below.

Bokuto had fallen so head over heels without even realizing.

"Uhm..." He broke the silence loudly and coughed when it came out more forced than intended. "(Y/N)... I want to tell you something...?" Because he was, admittedly, still thinking this through, the statement came out similarly to a question.

(Y/N) looked towards him curiously.

And it just made this ten times harder.

Bokuto's gaze instantly shot down to his sweating palms, face ablaze.

"I-I..." Maybe he shouldn't have done this. Acting like it's nothing would only make things more suspicious. This particular moment was nothing like those wonderful times they've shared on other ferris wheels together. It was suffocating.

(Y/N) tilted his head. "What is it?"

Bokuto jumped.

It was now or never.

What could he possibly be afraid of? The fortune teller predicted that his feelings would be returned. If she predicted that, it was bound to happen. The only other possibility would be that she was referring to someone else that wasn't (Y/N)... Possibly Akaashi, but their bond was so different from that of his and (Y/N)'s. Or maybe she was wrong for the first time. The one thing he was sure of, was that this mental conversation he held with himself was terribly unappreciated. The bad feeling tied to the bottom of his gut worsened.

"(Y/N)! I like you! As in, uhhh...! Like, more than a friend!" He quickly blurt.

Oh god... He isn't saying anything why isn't he...

"Bokuto-san..." The (H/C) haired male finally responded after a tense moment.

Bokuto snapped his blushing head towards him, only to feel his heart suspend. A painful drop in his chest muted the world around him.

Seeing (Y/N) with an awkward hand around his nape and a downcast gaze in response to his confession was too much.

"I'm sorry, but I can't return those feelings... I don't swing that way... But I'm sure you can find someone else much better than me."

_____

LOOK IM SORRY TO EVERYONE WHOS REQUESTED BUT I HAVE A LOT OF SIDE CHAPTERS IVE ALREADY STARTED LET ME GO IN ORDER OK

Next: Either Pt. 2 or a really cool au i like OWO