Iwaizumi •

[Warm Hands.]
deaf reader.

(Y/N) liked to try to guess what a person's voice sounded like. It was a simple puzzle that he could never truly know the answer of, but it entertained him nonetheless. There was no point to it, really. It just helped him 1.) pass time and 2.) get creative. His favorite singers have voices that cause deep vibrations from the speakers on his computer. And strong, muscular features, too. He enjoyed voices even without hearing them. He also knew that different sounds were made by moving your lips and tongue. So someone could make drastically different voices, too. That's why voice actresses and actors can play multiple characters in a cartoon.

So what did Iwaizumi Hajime's voice sound like?

Hajime was a friend that he had met during an unlikely chain of events... The handsome volleyball player accidentally hits the ball towards (Y/N), gets a little irritated when said male can't hear him asking to have the ball returned, and then proceeds to feel bad when he realizes that he was yelling at a deaf boy. It was a bit scarring to Iwaizumi, but only entertaining for the (H/C) male.  Especially when he moved to Aoba Johsai not even two weeks later and encountered him again.

Wondering what he voice sounded like was a fun activity (Y/N) engaged in when he drifted off in class. Which... Was actually what he was doing right now. He sighed, eyes drifting away from his personal tutor's curt sign language. Hajime was a very... Attractive young male. He had golden skin, sharp eyes, huge biceps. He just had it all. There's no way his voice wasn't just as perfect.

(Y/N) jumped when his instructor waved a red folder in front of his distracted face, turning to see his aged faced frowning at him disappointedly.  He smiled nervously and signed his apologies, deciding to save the fantasizing for later.  Although lately, getting home safely worried him much more than the voice of a cute boy.

~~~~~

[AFTER SCHOOL]

Iwaizumi never considered himself to be a sappy person, but his crush on his best friend had him throwing himself at the ground that (Y/N) walked.  He tried convincing himself that he was just being a nice person when he waited for his classmate at the school gates every day, but it's much more than that if he's staying an hour later because of (Y/N) after school tutoring.  He huffed and checked his watch.  He should have been out by now...

And just moments later, he heard fast footsteps and heavy breathing just behind him.  He turned curiously, wondering who needed to be in such a rush at a time like this.  He smiled softly when he realized it was just the male he was thinking about, ruffling his (H/C) locks fondly as he approached.

'I'm sorry I was late.' (Y/N) signed, hands a bit shaky from running for so long. 'I ran over as soon as he let me go.'

Iwaizumi shrugged it off and exercised his own signing skills that he had picked up soon after the two met.  'It's okay.  I would have waited.' It was only then that he had noticed how pale (Y/N) looked.  Out of pure instinct, he put the back of his hand up to his forehead.

(Y/N) tensed and stared up at him, dumbfounded.

Iwaizumi looked concerned as he signed, 'Are you okay?'

Watching his hands somehow communicate with such tenderness made (Y/N)'s heart clench.  He almost let himself weep to him all of his troubles right there. Instead, he decided to take the safest route for the both of them and respond with a hesitant, 'Yes.'