Kageyama •

art by todoyamas (tumblr)
[Are you my Guardian Angel?]

Kageyama's raven-colored hair danced around in the wind as he whipped his head back and forth in anticipation. He had just dropped his pen by complete accident, and now expected him to appear from no where to help him retrieve his writing utensil like the perfect human he was.

Now, Kageyama wasn't one to believe in love or anything of the sort. Especially love at first sight. This wasn't love, he reminded himself late at night. He was just... Curious, is all. Yes. That's it. Curious. This (H/C) male was and will always be strange. He (unfortunately) didn't share any classes with Kageyama, but that never stopped him from appearing at the most convenient times as the blue-eyes freshman needed assistance. When his milk got stuck in the vending machine, that same guy was there to firmly slap the side of the machine and prompt the drink to slip to the bottom of the tray dispensing the beverages. And even when he got lost on his first day of classes, he was there to point out the different buildings.

So if he wasn't infatuated with his charming looks or smooth voice, then why did his face burn every time he had to look him in those gorgeous eyes? Why did he find himself subconsciously asking other students about him? And why did he get so excited when he saw that the male was wearing a volleyball jacket? God, this man needs to leave his thoughts.  If he didn't, Kageyama would actually start getting very irritated-

"Hey kiddo, you there?" The male that had been standing in front of a distracted Kageyama waved a hand in front of him and laughed angelically.  The ravenette felt it.  "It" being the feeling of his stomach churning uncomfortably, body heating up and his fingertips tingling. He stiffened.

"Y-yo- Yes..." He stumbled over his words like a newborn deer tripping over his legs.  Since when  did he have so much trouble speaking properly?

The next thing he knew, the (tall/short) male had bent down to grab his pen from the pavement in front of his feet.  Kageyama took the opportunity to allow his rues follow the curve of his back momentarily.  First, he noticed the small bulks of muscle demanding to be seen through his clothing.  Then, he saw the back of the aforementioned volleyball jacket.  His eyes widened a bit.

"Shiratorizawa..." Kageyama whispered quietly. He hadn't thought that he could be heard, but it seems that he was wrong.  The male straightened his back and tilted his head curiously.

"Oh, this old thing?" He tugged at the jacket's collar pointedly. Perfectly positioned, white teeth shone through his grin and Kageyama could have sworn his heart stopped at the sight of it. "It's from a friend. Lord forbid if I played... I can barely keep up with playing tennis..."

Kageyama words pushed their way out of his mouth without even realizing it, "You should play-!"

His (E/C) eyes looked alarmed at the sudden persistence. There was a brief moment of silence before he smiled again and laughed.

As Kageyama wallowed in embarrassment in his uncontrollable actions, the (H/C) male reassured him, "I get that a lot, and i've definitely considered it! I just get really easily overwhelmed with balancing school work and sports." He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Well... I-" Kageyama's phone buzzed in his pocket. With a short glance at his watch, he cursed under his breath.  "I have practice...  I wasn't even watching the time...!" He sighed and blushed a little more, not entirely believing that he made such a fool of himself.