Terushima •

art by shouraidegozaru (tumblr)
[Mr. Goody Two Shoes]

Terushima yawned and slipped his toned legs over his desktop. His spiked hair tickled (Y/N)'s forehead as he leaned far enough back in his seat to shine an upside-down grin at him. Sometimes his smile got aggravating to see. Especially when this was no smiling matter to (F/N) (L/N), the student council secretary and infamous do-gooder. This situation?

After school detention for the two second years after being reported for "public displays of affection."

"Don't look at me like that, you crustacean." (Y/N) hissed. "This is your fault." It wasn't any affection that he would have ever displayed he had convinced himself. He was just leaning over Terushima to reach for the book on the other desk, and another student walked in at the wrong time. (Y/N) shook his head. No. She didn't walk in at the wrong time. She just took it wrong. But despite his view on the topic, he still blamed the blonde male for their current predicament.

"Aww, don't be like that, sugar cheeks." Terushima faked a 'baby' accent. "You scared your student government buddies will see you differently now that you've spent an hour or two with the delinquents in detention?"

(Y/N) scoffed and crossed his arms. "I was just trying to grab something behind you, nothing more. And you decide to just make the whole situation look terrible by saying 'Don't mind me, just being a bottom real quick?' Who do you think you are?" He couldn't contain the angry blush creeping onto his cheeks. Or was it from being flustered? Never... Why did that even occur to him? Geez. His first time in detention must have fried his brain already.

"Oh come on, that was funny!"

"Hey. No talking." The teacher looks up from his book to scold the two.

"Sorry, sir." (Y/N) sighed and looked off to the side, lowering his voice. "We're missing practice, Yuuji. And we have a tournament Saturday. Do you understand how detrimental that is?"

Terushima hummed. "First of all, knowing that you calling me Yuuji means that you aren't actually mad is relieving." He counted off the imaginary bullet points on his fingers, following in toning down the volume in his voice. "Second of all, It's just one practice. It's not that detrimental, mr. smarty pants. You and your big words won't take away the fun in every game we play." He stuck his tongue out playfully.

"Whatever..." (Y/N) retorted. End the conversation there. Ignore him. Wouldn't want to end up in mote trouble by punching this kid in his face...

"But wasn't this your fault, anyways? Making a move on me during school, you little rascal..."

"Wha- I did not...!" (Y/N) whipped his head to look at him out of shock from his words. His "angry" blush darkened. "Don't say things like that so loud... Someone might overhear, and-"

"Fine by me." Terushima stretched his arms above his head. "You're some hot shit around girls. Even though you only ever pay attention to what's in the books, some of these girls would kill to have been me when you hovered over me with hungry eyes, yearning to pull me closer and closer until-"

"Y-yuuji! Stop it...!" Other students awkwardly tried their best to ignore the conversation. (Y/N) cleared his throat and covered his face with one hand to avoid attracting any more unwanted attention. "You don't know what you're talking about. God, I worry for whatever goes through your head sometimes..."

Terushima whistled quietly. "If you're talking about me calling you a chick magnet, i'm serious and very jealous."

The (H/C) male could only glance at him with a cocked brow.

"I mean jealous as in you getting all the girls' looks. Not over you- Y'know what I mean." Yuuji quickly corrected himself with an awkward downcast gaze.

"Oh, yes. I know what you meant." (Y/N) whispered beneath his breath with a tiny smile.

"... Now what's that smile for?"

"Huh? What smile?" There was less than a second of pause before the content look dissipated from the male's face. Terushima was aware that it was a rare and short moment he had to learn to cherish. He took pride in whenever he had the priviledge to experience it.

"... Nevermind." He whispered back with a somewhat triumphant grin.

When Yuuji let go of the topic so as to not get chewed out by the teacher, (Y/N) couldn't help but stare at the back of his head for the rest of the time in detention.

~ Time skip; Saturday's Tournament~

(Y/N) grabbed his water bottle from the bench after the day's last game, desperate to finish up the last of his beverage. But as he reached for it, a sweaty hand was quick to snatch the green bottle from his grip. He let out a grunt and looked up to stare Terushima in the eyes.

"Excuse me?" (Y/N) put a hand on his hip and shifted his weight onto one leg. Some part of him wanted to wipe the smile off of his charming face. Another part really wanted to just sit back and admire it a little more, though he'd never admit it. Not even to himself.

Yuuji took a quick sip from the stolen bottle and winked as he returned it. "Told you missing one practice wasn't detrimental. It was a good win. Maybe we should get in trouble together more often. I liked seeing you angry."

(Y/N) felt himself heat up again. But it felt different. Instead of just sending a wave of pressure to his head, it sent electric shocks through his body and fingers, making him suppress a shiver. He furrowed his brows and carefully grabbed the bottle from him. "I don't like you winking at me."

Terushima let out a little laugh. "Sure. I'll meet you in the locker room. Don't get too lonely without me."

(Y/N) snorted and shook his head to himself. His tired muscles begged him to take a swig from his newly-returned bottle. So he complied and threw his towel over his shoulder.

Terushima spun on his heels and made fingerguns at the male, "Oh, and don't let mr. principal know that we shared an indirect kiss just now."

(Y/N) spat out his drink and stared at him, wide eyed.

"Let me know when you wanna grab something behind me again!~"

_____

I started using those fruity caffeine liquid things that you mix in with water and the result is three updates in two days

up next: idk actually? any requests? could be a character/genre/scenario