thunder

roomate!reader

     I lay in bed on my back, the sound of the rain hitting my window with force fills the stiff silence that hung. It's pitch black, the only light available was the quick flashes of lightning that would occasionally erupt from the sky and the new orange hue coming from the hallway. It's peculiar to see that light on, y/n is never up as late as it was currently, which I had assumed to be at least 2 or 3 in the morning. I'm not one for really keeping track of time at night. Pushing the thought away, I ignore the light, assuming she must've been up getting a drink.

     It's not long before I zone out again, eyes focused on the flashing lights from outside. It isn't until my bedroom door creaks open that I finally break out of my trance. I look towards it to see y/n standing there. It's hard to make her out in the darkness, but I could tell she was nervous. I read her body language. "What's wrong?.." I ask, voice a bit raspy due to my lack of speaking. "I uh-" she clears her throat, something she always does whenever she's embarrassed.

     "I..I'm scared." she says just above a whisper, I'm surprised I even heard her to begin with. "Of what?.." I ask quietly, I sit up, my back against the wall above my bed, eyes locked on y/n's shaking frame. Just as she was about to answer, a loud crackle ripped through the sky and seemed to have shaken the house. It spooked me, but scared y/n way more considering her loud whimper and her grip the doorknob tightening. I catch on, feeling bad for her.

     "Come here." I mumbled, scooting over and patting the empty space besides me. She's obviously caught off guard by my demand but moves to lay with me nonetheless. I toss some of my blanket onto her, giving her an extra pillow that I had been using. "No no you take it.." she pushes the pillow back at me. "I don't need it, see? I have plenty.." I hand her the pillow right back and quickly lay down to avoid anymore pillow pushing. She scoffs playfully and lays down, whispering a soft goodnight and me whispering one back.

     The thunder woke me up again. This bastard storm has yet to stop and I had concluded that it won't until late morning. I feel my duvet wrapped securely around my leg, confused considering I don't often sleep wild enough for a thing like that to happen. Whatever. I stretch out my legs to get comfortable until I feel another leg with my foot. I freeze, forgetting y/n was still sleeping in my bed. I sit up quickly, eyes scanning and straining to adjust more to the darkness so I could see her. I finally do, she's curled up in a ball and shivering like crazy.

     I suddenly feel like a tremendous asshole for pulling my duvet away from her, though I was asleep. I quickly unravel myself and cover us both this time, me scooting closer to her. I have an urge, I wasn't sure if I should do something about it, but I don't listen to my doubts and just go for it. My hands snake around her waist and I pull her back into my front, her hands are goddamn freezing but sooner or later they became warm, and so had my heart.

     sorry for that awful sappy ending. i improvised this, it's pretty rushed but i still hope u enjoyed💞