4

September 10, 9:27pm
New Message
nanana.jaemin: jeno

nojam: yeah, jaemin?

nanana.jaemin: what do you look like?

Jeno slams his phone down on the coffee table, the glass rattling from the force. "Shit," He mutters under his breath, making sure nothing cracked. He didn't know why he was so taken aback by the question. Wouldn't it be normal to want to know what a new friend you met online looks like? Jeno wants to know what Jaemin looks like, too, so why was he so shoked?
Maybe it was the fact that Jaemin asked him first, or that Jaemin was interested in what he looked like, period. Jaemin always seemed to be so unconcerned and disinterested. Jeno took a deep breath, turning his phone face up and opening his and Jaemin's chat back up.

nojam: i'll send a selfie?

nanana.jaemin: go ahead

nojam:

nanana.jaemin: wowzers

nojam: now you have to send a selfie, too:(
please

nanana.jaemin: gimme a sec

nanana.jaemin: here's one that mark and i took the other day during drama class,,

     Jeno threw his phone onto the couch, burying his face into the pillow and screaming

Jeno threw his phone onto the couch, burying his face into the pillow and screaming. Jaemin was a lot cuter than he could have possibly imagined. He looked back at the picture but then frowned at it. Why was he so close to Mark? That seemed like a little too much skinship for just friends...
Mark was straight though, wasn't he?
Jeno shook his head. It was too early for him to be jealous, it was too early to have feelings for the other boy, period. Jeno sat up when he felt his phone vibrate.

nanana.jaemin: jeno?
wya
you left hhh

nojam: alsksk sorry i'm back

nanana.jaemin: for a second i was worried my beauty had killed you
i got lonely

nojam: that's a bit cocky don't ya think

nanana.jaemin: well yeah
you can't deny that i'm attractive, though

nojam: hhh true

nanana.jaemin: aight i gotta go
i have been summoned by the superior ruler to join the feast

nojam: your mom called you down for dinner at 9:30 at night?

nanana.jaemin: we eat late dinners a lot
cya

nojam: bye, sleep well tonight
read 9:37pm

Jaemin rolled over, inserting his face in the soft pillow on his bed, hiding his pink cheeks. He turned back over, turning his phone on and saving the selfie of Jeno before opening his phone settings and making the picture his lock screen.
The boy was embarrassed doing it, they didn't have any sort of intimate relationship where it would be normal for him to change his background to Jeno. Friends make each other their phone backgrounds all the time though, don't they? Jaemin remembers Seulgi, a girl a grade above him that he's acquiantanced with, has her phone screen as Wendy and Yeri, two of her close friends.
So it's not weird for him to have Jeno as his background, right? Not at all strange or suspicious. Not homo of him at all. Just a bro who wants his very attractive other bro to be his background.
Who was he kidding. Jaemin is whipped.
**
chAraCtEr DevELopMenT???
jaem's not being as much of a butt in this chapter
I had some other stuff planned but it seems like I've made a wrong turn somewhere
It's okay though, even if you make a wrong turn, it doesn't mean you're going to be lost forever.
That can be taken many ways and I didn't mean for this to turn into an advice session but go off ig?
ALSO I SAID JAEM AND MARK TOOK THE PIC IN DRAMA CLASS BECAUSE YOU DO PLAYS IN DRAMA AND YOU NEED MICROPHONES FOR PLAYS AND DRAMA CLASS WAS AN EXCUSE FOR MARK WEARING HIS MIC HHHH