9

September 30, 9:23pm

     Jaemin smiled down at his phone as a notification from Jaehyun popped up, wishing him a goodnight and sweet dreams. Over the past days, Jaehyun and Jaemin have gotten closer, much to Jeno and Mark's dismay. The two had nearly gotten insperable, Jaemin barely hanging out with Mark and not talking to Jeno at all anymore. 

     Jaemin was fairly certain Jaehyun had the same feelings for him. He planned on finally asking to be his boyfriend on Monday. This was going to be great. He finally had his mind off of Jeno, and even if him and Mark weren't talking as much anymore, it's okay because Jaehyun's friends were cool, too. Things were going well.

     Jaehyun sighed contently as the warm body of a dark-headed male curled up next to him. He played with the soft, dark blue highlights in the smaller male's hair, pulling the man even closer. "Hey, babe," He said quietly, pressing soft kisses on the top of the dark mop of hair. 

     "Jaehyunnie, I have a favor to ask. About Jaemin."

"Anything for you, baby."

October 1, 6:32am

     Monday morning came faster than it should've, Jaemin sluggishly pulling himself out of the warm comfort of his bed. The day hadn't even started and Jaemin was already exhausted from getting dressed. Something felt.. Off. He checked his phone after brushing his teeth and putting on shoes. He felt his eyebrows knit together in distaste as he saw texts from Jeno. 

October 1, 3:10AM
 New Message

nojam: jaem it's been a while since we've talked
 how are you?

     Jaemin shoves his phone into his pocket, deciding not to reply to the texts. Instead, he pulled up his and Jaehyun's chat. 

October 1, 6:52am
New Message

Nanaღ: Hey, jaehyunnie
can I talk to you after school today? :)

❤jaehyunnie❤: of course, nana :*

October 1, 9:02am

     Class flew by and Jaemin was amazed when it was already time for lunch. After going through the lunch line he stood, conflicted. He looked to the left side of the lunchroom, making eye contact with Mark. He looked to the right side, making eye contact with Jaehyun. Jaehyun's face brightened and he waved Jaemin over to which the pink-hair boy complied. 

    Jaemin sat down next to Jaehyun, blushing lightly as the older male's hand found residence on Jaemin's thigh. Jaehyun's friends all welcomed the younger with open arms. They were all kind and Jaemin liked them a lot. Taeyong, Kun, and Lucas were the only seniors he knew, other than Jaehyun of course. There was one other, though. Jaemin tensed thinking of him. Kim Doyoung. He was Jaemin's ex, his first boyfriend. Things got rough near the end of their relationship, causing Jaemin to break up with him. 

     "You okay, Nana? You look a little pale," Jaehyun asked, caressing the younger boy's cheek. Jaemin nodded.
     "Yeah, I'm fine."

October 1, 2:20pm

     Jaemin put his thing in his locker, breathing deeply and preparing himself, planning out what how he was going to ask Jaehyun to be his boyfriend in his head. He turned around and saw Jaehyun coming towards him, a scene he had recently gotten used to. "Hey, what'd you want to talk about?" The older boy asked. 

     "Hyung, will you be my boyfriend?" Jaemin asked, his voice smooth like honey, a soft pink blush forming on his cheeks that matched his hair that had started to fall into his eyes. 

     "Of course I will, Nana. I've been waiting for you to ask," Jaehyun replied, a smirk upon his lips. 

October 7, 3:08am

     Jaemin sits on his bed, his head in his palms. He felt unsettled. He felt unsafe. Ever since Jaehyun officially became his boyfriend, the older's touch felt like stone. It was unnerving. Jaemin was sure Jaehyun had feeling for him, had liked him. But the way Jaehyun touched him wasn't how you should touch your partner. Jaemin jumped, startled out of his thoughts as his phone started to vibrate. 

October 7, 3:10am
New Message

nojam: jaemin?

     Jaemin felt guilt pang in his chest and he felt like crying. He felt fear twist in his gut, and he felt his face get hot. He felt sorrow choke him up and he felt the wetness on his eyelashing, trying his best to blink the tears away. He felt regret twang deep in his chest, making the tears finally breach his eyes. He felt so bad for Jeno, so guilty for just up and leaving him. Jaemin knew that he was starting to really feel like Jeno's friend right when Jaehyun came into his life and he regretted that, regretted meeting Jaehyun. He felt so scared, scared of how Jaehyun is making him feel. He was so sad, full of sorrow because he lost one of his closest friend in this midst of this. Mark hadn't spoken to him so long.

      Jaemin couldn't bring himself to fix any of it. He was too weak, too much of a coward. Scared of the outcome, if it wasn't in his favor. If he tried to fix things with Mark and the Canadian boy wouldn't take his apologies. If he tried to fix things with Jeno and he wouldn't forgive him for leaving and being so rude. If he tried to leave Jaehyun and ended up totally alone. Jaehyun was the only one left, he had to stay with him or he'll end up alone. 

     Jaemin curled in on himself, sobs shaking his body violently. His face felt hot and sticky and wet and gross from the tears that just wouldn't stop coming. A choked yelp left his throat, a pitiful sound. He's felt this before. This helplessness. This fear. A full on sob left his mouth, his body lurching forward with the force of his. His chest started to ache. 

     Memories of Doyoung came flooding into his mind and no matter how hard he had tried to block them up and put a wall up to keep those memories at bay, they still managed to seep through to terrorize him. Goosebumps rose on his spine as the feeling of Doyoung's steel grip on his wrists pinning him down on the bed came back clear as day. He shuddered and sobbed harder as he remembered how the older boy's boddy felt hovering over him. Pitiful cries left his mouth from deep in his throat as the disgusting whispers Doyoung breathed into his ears came back to haunt him. A vibration from his phone snapped him out of his thoughts once again. He wiped away the blurriness in his eyes and gasped when he saw the time. 

October 7, 4:30am
New Message

nojam: it's been days since we talked. 

     Jaemin shoved his phone away, not opening the texts. It was almost five in the morning and he had to get up for school in an hour and a half. He spent an hour and twenty minutes crying and he just hoped the swelling in his eyes would calm down by the time he had to get up. 

****
OKAY I WAS PLANNING ON MAKING THIS LONGER BUT IF I KEPT ON WRITING TO THE POINT I WANTED TO STOP THEN THIS CHAPTER WOULD BE LIKE 2,000 WORDS LONG AND IDK IF ANYONE WOULD WANT THAT
ALSO I REALLY APOLOGIZE BECAUSE THIS STORY IS GETTING A LOT MORE SAD THAN I HAD PREVIOUSLY ANTICIPATED AND I MIGHT HAVE TO START ADDING SOME TRIGGER WARNINGS AAAAA
IM GETTING REALLY EXCITED THOUGH AND IM HOPING TO GET CHAPTER 10 POSTED TONIGHT AS WELL BUT IM MAKING 0 PROMISES

also i hope jaemin's reasoning behind his bitchiness is started to become a little more clear...