5

September 13, 10:27am

Mark looked over Jaemin's shoulder, gasping as he saw his old friend as the pink-haired boy's lockscreen. Jaemin whips around in his seat, surprised by the intake of breath coming from behind him. He hadn't noticed Mark prying.

"What are you doing?" Jaemin hissed quietly in the classroom. Their teacher hadn't come in yet, students were still filing in.
"Why's Jeno your lockscreen?" Mark asks curiously.
"What's it to you? Friends make each other their phone backgrounds all the time," Jaemin excused.
"Just keep telling yourself that," Mark replied, laying his head on his desk and rolling his eyes at his friend. Mark wasn't an idiot. Well, he was, but he could see what was going on here. It was obvious. "You like Jeno, don't you?"
Jaemin stared at him, his eyes wide with disgust, "Why would I ever like that Jellybean eater?"
"Are you saying there's something wrong with eating Jellybeans?" Mark frowned. He liked Jellybeans.
Jaemin sighed, "No, there's nothing wrong with eating Jellybeans. I don't like Jeno."
"So you love him?"

The younger boy's face was more pink than his hair, "Mark just shut the hell up, class is about to start."
"That's irrelevant," Mark rolled his eyes.
"No it's not, it's very relevant because we're in a classroom."

"This conversation isn't over."

Jaemin rolled his eyes and looked up at his teacher who paid no attention to them, explaining a problem on the white board in front of the class.

The bell rang, dismissing them for lunch. Jaemin hurriedly got his stuff together, leaving the classroom and ignoring Mark who was calling after him to wait up. Jaemin wanted nothing to do with that conversation. He went to his locker, putting up his things and grabbing what he needed for his last few classes. He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.
Jaemin walked to lunch, going through the line and grabbing what seemed appetizing. The boy was in a daze, walking in the cafeteria like a zombie, thinking about the conversation Mark wanted to have. Jaemin cursed himself as he bumped into someone, almost falling. Strong arms gripped him tightly around the waist, saving him from the downfall.

"Are you okay?" The taller male asked. Jaemin looked up and saw a head of fluffy brown hair, soft, dark brown eyes, and cheeks that showed cute dimples.

"I- uh, yeah. Thanks," Jaemin replied, slightly taken aback from his handsome features.
"I'm Jaehyun. You should really be more careful, you could've really gotten hurt. We wouldn't want that now, would we?" The attractive man chuckled. Jaemin shook his head shyly, his face heating up as he noticed Jaehyun's arms still holding him. It was probably just to make sure Jaemin wouldn't almost fall again and nothing else, but the heat radiating from the taller boy's body made Jaemin feel all warm and fuzzy. Jaemin pouted as Jaehyun untangled his arms from around his waist, his body feeling cold without the extra warmth.
"I hope to see you around..." Jaehyun trailed off.
"Jaemin," The younger boy introduced himself.
"I hope to see you around, Jaemin," Jaehyun smiled, showing off his deep dimples and eyesmile. Jaemin smiled at the ground, thinking about Jaehyun as he turned and walked to his seat next to Mark.
"What's with your face?" Mark looked at him with a grimace. "It's gross."

Jaemin turned to look at Mark, "What?"
"Nevermind," Mark sighed, turning to pick at his lunch. Jaemin exclaimed as he remembered he had gotten a notification earlier, which was probably from Jeno.

New Message:12 minutes ago...
11:05am: nojam: Hey Jaem :)

nanana.jaemin: Yo Jeno. What's up?

Jaemin smiled as Jeno read it immediately.

nojam: why'd it take you so long to reply :*(

nanana.jaemin: jeno it was only 12 minutes

nojam: i was lonely

nanana.jaemin: im?? sorry

nojam: hhh im only (partly) kidding
how's school?

nanana.jaemin: i mean, it's school so yikes
but i made a new friend
his name is jaehyun

Jeno felt his throat tighten with jealousy and envy. He got the sudden urge to be with Jaemin. Not just in a relationship, but to physically see him and touch him and just be with him in every way possible, to make sure nobody could steal him away.
Jeno guesses that would be kind of hard though, since Jaemin isn't his in the first place.
'I guess we'll have to change that...' He thought.

nojam: that's good

nanana.jaemin: what time is it for you?

nojam: only 7pm

nanana.jaemin: okay good, it's not too late
im sorry if i ever keep you up aaa

nojam: you never keep me up, dont worry about it
i like talking to you, so i dont mind staying up late doing so

nanana.jaemin: werent you the one telling me the other night that staying up late was bad for me?

nojam: i think someones calling my name hhahahaha gtg

nanana.jaemin: youre a big idiot lmao
lunch is almost over, so i actually gotta go
bye, jeno

nojam: talk to you later, jaem :)

Jeno went to his contacts and immediately started texting Mark.

Bigheadjeno: Mark help

fullyuncapable: bro my lunch time is almost over so you better hurry this up before my next class starts

Bigheadjeno: You have to swear you won't tell jaemin

fullyuncapable: go on

Bigheadjeno: no u gotta promise

fullyuncapable: jeno we're not five

Bigheadjeno: ok fine nevermind

fullyuncapable: okay i gotta to go my class

Bigheadjeno: wait no
hhh okay fine
I like Jaemin
like a bunch
but
he
made a new friend today
named jaehyun

fullyuncapable: why are you texting like a grandma

Bigheadjeno: stfu and let me continue
anyways
i have a really bad feeling about it

fullyuncapable: that's jealousy, dumbass
you're talking like jaehyun's gonna hurt him

Bigheadjeno: YOU NEVER KNOW

fullyuncapable: jaehyun is a literal puppy
he couldn't hurt a fly even if he tried

Bigheadjeno: dont jinx it

fullyuncapable: you're too paranoid smh
i know jaehyun
you don't have to be worried

Bigheadjeno: You're sure?

fullyuncapable: I'm 100% sure.

***

aaa i think this is my longest chapter so far
I hope you guys enjoyed oof