6

September 14, 11:16pm
New Message

nojam: hey jaem
can we do a call?

     Jaemin stared at his phone, suddenly nervous as he waited for the call. What if he's awkward? What if he says something stupid? What will Jeno think of him? 

     Jaemin shakes his head, clenching his eyes shut. Why is he so concerned about what Jeno thinks of him? A curse ran through his head as his thoughts were cut short by a cute tone playing on his phone and Jeno's icon popping up. 
     He gazed at it, letting it ring a couple times. He didn't want Jeno to think he was too excited. Pressing the green button to answer, Jaemin held his breath. 
     "Hello, Jaemin?" The soft, honey coated voice rang through Jaemin's ears and his heart bursted.
"Jeno?" 
     "Heyo, how are you?"
"Good? I guess? Why'd you want to call?" Jaemin asks. He didn't mind, and was actually quite happy about his first call with his new friend, but it was just sort of sudden. 
     "I wanted to hear your voice." 
Jaemin didn't know why his heart fluttered at that, but it did and he didn't like it. His thoughts travelled to the boy he met the yesterday, Jaehyun.
     The brown-haired male had caught up with Jaemin after school asking if they could exchange numbers. They texted for a while after Jaemin got home. 
     Jaehyun was cute. 
"Hey, Jaem? You still there?"
     His thoughts snapped back to his friend on the phone and he somehow felt guilty, like he was cheating on the latter. They weren't dating, though, so he shouldn't feel guilty. Jaemin could like whoever he wanted, and he can like Jaehyun if he wants to. 
     "Yeah, sorry. I just got distracted," Jaemin replied.
Jeno sighed, "What's on your mind?"

     "Nothing, it doesn't matter," Jaemin says, pushing his thoughts to the back of his head for later. 
     Jeno was unconvinced, but decided not to push it, "Whatever you say, Jaem."

     Jaemin didn't know when it started, the feeling of attraction for Jeno he kept trying to deny. No matter how much he told his heart no, it kept aching for the older boy. He wanted to hear Jeno's soft voice calling his nickname. It made his heart flutter, how sweetly he called him. Jaemin couldn't help but want to thread his fingers through the light hair that looked exquisitely soft. From the pictures he had started to receive over the span of a couple days, Jaemin's focus kept wandering down to the latter's smooth lips, wanting to feel them on his skin. 
     The pink-haired boy had started to feel more annoyance towards Jeno, wondering why he had to have feelings for him. He disliked it, he didn't want to like Jeno. 

     It was Monday and school was just about to start. Jaemin had woken up in a bad mood, still irritated by Jeno's kindness and sweetness towards him. He slammed his locker shut, holding his items close to his chest and gazing emptily at the ground. His ears perked up as he heard a familiar voice call his name. 
     "Hey, Nana!" Jaehyun came bounding up like a big puppy, his fluffy hair bouncing. He looked so cute.

It was like a lightbulb flickered on in Jaemin's head. 

**
AHHSHS IM SO SORRY IT'S BEEN LIKE SO LONG SINCE IVE UPDATED
I REALLY WANTED TO UPDATE ASAP AND I ACTUALLY STARTED WRITING THIS RIGHT AFTER CHAPTER FIVE WAS PUBLISHED BUT IVE BEEN TRYING TO CATCH UP IN SCHOOL AND IM STILL BEHIND BUT IM GONNA WORK ON WRITING MORE BECAUSE I HAVE A LOT OF IDEAS FOR A LOT OF STUFF AND AHHHH IM SO EXCITED
i hope you all enjoyed tho uwu
sorry for the short chapter aaa