The Backstory

~~~~~At Olympus~~~~~

~~Artemis's POV~~~

The throne room was in chaos when I had told them what happened.  Hades, Hestia, and Apollo were the ones who were silent while the rest of the council was yelling. 

Half of them were for wanting to find Perseus while the rest wanted to leave him alone.  I then noticed that my brother, uncle, and aunt were all quiet.  They were all staring at each other and from experience it looked like they were having a mental conversation. 

I narrowed my eyes then they all looked at me and included me in the conversation.  What did you do to my champion Artemis?  Growled out Hades.  I thought Champion?  I replied Who?  Apollo the ever silly one replied You know who we are talking about.  The one that your she-devils drove out! I flinched at that one and glared at him.  She-devils? I questioned him. 

Normally he would back down but this was important to him.  Yes, you heard what he said. Said Hestia.  Normally she is a peaceful goddess so I don't know why she was overacting. 

"OVERACTING???? This is MY champion that YOUR Hunters drove out.  I want to know where he is!"  Hestia shot at her.  Since when did you make Percy you Champion? I asked them.  They replied When he was supposedly gone.  He can't hide from the sun, death, and family.  They all occur every day. 

I stared at them with surprise in my eyes.  Hades stared at me then kicked me out of the mental convo.  I pondered why they had decided to bless him.  He is like all other boys  he dates a girl then breaks up with them. 

I completely ignored the note because I would never doubt my hunters.  They are always right about boys.  I don't know why I thought Perseus was different. 

Annabeth who I had grown fond of and trusted her told me that he had cheated on her with an Aphrodite girl.  Typical male.  All this was happening and I didn't even notice that they had stopped talking and now where looking at me.  "What?" I snapped.  "Did you not hear what I said daughter?" Zeus questioned her.  "Obviously if I haven't responded." I shot back. 

He flinched but gazed sternly at me and asked "What happened at your Hunter's camp?"  I told him everything my hunter told me.  Athena said "Can you bring the girl who you are talking about here please?" I replied skeptically "why?"  "Just so we know that she is safe and well, might as well bring the whole hunt while you are at it."  I said nervously "Okay, give me a few minutes."  They all nodded and I flashed out of there. 

I arrived back at camp and I was surrounded by my girls.  "You are all summoned to Olympus."  They knew I was serious because they rarely came and only came when they were needed which was pretty much never. 

They joined hands and I flashed them to the throne room.  I grew to my full height and sat down on my throne.  They bowed to father and Thalia asked "Why have you summoned us father?" He looked at all of them and said "I want to know what happened with Perseus and why he left." 

I glanced at them and saw them all shifting like they were hiding something.  "Tell them girls.  We don't have all day."  I said. 

They nervously retold what they had told me and Apollo had glared at them and by the time they had finished he immediately said "They lie." They all looked at him then me. 

I knew that since he was the god of truth he was serious and it didn't help that he was also Perseus's patron, which means he had a worse temper then he usually did. 

The gods looked at him while he personally glared at the girl who supposedly said this had happened. 

She squirmed under his glare and said "Fine I am lying." I knew she was serious so I gasped.  "Why would you do this Selina?" I said.  "Because that male is a poison to this family and needed to be gone."  She replied triumphantly.  It didn't help that Phoebe, Atlanta, and the rest of the older hunters were nodding their heads. 

Of course they would because they were closest to Zoë and wanted to blame someone. After she had finished Apollo, Hestia, and Hades were having another conversation and they all nodded. Hestia started with "Perhaps I should tell you his whole life story." Poseidon looked confused "I thought we did see everything."  Hades snapped and said "Brother, do you think he told us everything the first time?" Poseidon looked at him with an of course who do you think I am sort of face and Apollo just sighed.

He said "Hey Iris, can you show me Percy's full life please?" "You know he will punish you guys right?" She replied back.  "Yes we do but they need to know what he went through." Apollo said. "It's on your heads." She warned and then showed it. By the time she had finished all the gods had different looks on their faces. All the goddesses who didn't know had looks of horror and disgust on their faces while the gods had looks of surprise and thoughtfulness on their faces.  It was silent in the throne room for a straight 5 minutes until a sob was heard from Piper. All the heads turned to her and she said "We really screwed up didn't we?"  It was silent but everyone knew that she was telling the truth.

*Sorry this is so short this is what I could write out for now but until I go back home and have to relax and come up with more chapters they are probably gonna be this short. Sorry and stay safe from Florence! Until next time...