Chapter One

"Scar you're going to love it! It's a small town, has this old fashion diner, the works. Very authentic as you kids say." Malcolm tries to cheer his daughter up about the move, knowing she's unamused about leaving everyone she knows behind.

The young girl ignore her fathers attempt of connecting and turns the music on her phone up louder blocking out the rest of his muffled voice. Scarlett leans her head on the back of the seat looking out the window at the dead town.

The streets practically had no one on them. The shops, small, unknown names. All things she was very unaccustomed to.

Shortly after they arrive at their new home. Scarlett turns her music off just in-time to hear her dad make a comment about the new house.

"Here we are our humble abode." Malcolm smiles looking at his daughter. No reaction from the teen. "Honey, I'm trying."

Scarlett looks over at her father and forces a slight smile saying nothing.

"The moving company should be here within the hour. I'm going to go check in at work pick a few things up. Don't keep that music up too high and listen for the movers. Please."

The teen nods her head and her father leans over to kiss the top of his daughters head.

"Thanks honey... how about pizz-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Scarlett was already out of the car shutting he door on him and heading inside.

Malcolm begins to pull away and Scarlett enters the home.

"Wow dad.. great buy." The teen says sarcastically as she shuts the door behind her.

The place was definitely a fixer upper. Chipping paint, squeaky doors, and a few more things the teen decides to ignore.

Scarlett's phone begins to ring, it's a FaceTime from Ashley one of her best friends that she had to leave behind. She proceeds to answer the call and holds the phone up to her face and Ashley's begins to appear on the screen.

"Hey Bitch! How's the new digs?" Ashely smiles referring to her friends new house.

"Lame. The place looks like it's practically falling apart." Scarlett replies as she wonders around the home.

"That sucks dude...have you seen the town? Any hot guys? Spill!"

"Haven't had the chance my dad went to his new job sticking me to deal with the movers."

"Aww! Well at least you'll have some guys to gawk at for a little while."

Scarlett laughs at her friends response.

"Yeah I'm sure the movers will be very attractive."

"You know they will be! All muscular and sweaty from working so hard. With those shirts on that basically say I'm a tool!"

"You're insane Ash."

"Yeah! But you love me for it!"

"Damn straight." After Scarlett replies to her friend the doorbell goes off. "I think the movers are here ill call you later."

"Okay girl.. ooo try to get one of their numbers!"

"Byeee Ash!" Scarlett laughs as she hangs up the phone.

The doorbell goes off again.

"I'm coming!"

And again

"I'm coming hold on!"

Scarlett opens the door

"Ms. Jeffries?"

"Yes?"

"Kale's Movers?"

"Right, Yeah. Come on in to the left is the living room. Kitchen straight ahead the the right dining room across from that. Upstairs to the right my room, left my fathers."

The man stands there dumbfounded trying to contain all the information the young girl had just given her.

"Just get the stuff and I'll tell you where it goes." The teen stays before the mover is able to say anything.

Shortly after the movers leave, Malcolm walks through the door, with more in his hands than he can carry. His daughter sits at the kitchen counter on her laptop.

"Hey honey! I got pizza. Pepperoni." Malcolm approaches his daughter noticing her earbuds are in. He tries to grab her attention one more time. "Honey!" Nothing.. her father lets a deep breath out and puts a box from his new job down on the table and pulls one of the earbuds out of scarlets ear, getting a jump from the teen.

"Dad! What the fuck!"

"Language! And I wouldn't of had to do that if you didn't keep your music up so high. We've talked about this Scar."

All he gained from the teen was a shrug which infuriated him. He looks down and back at his daughter.

"There's pizza."

"Okay thanks." She goes back to putting the earbud in and her father stops her.

"How about a little discussion?"

"About?"

"I don't know like maybe hey dad how was the new station? Do you like your new boss? Yeah honey it was great and he's nice he actually has a son your age you might see him around. How were the movers? Did they give you a hassle? No dad they were great or Yeah dad they were scuffing everything up." Scarlett watches her dad go back and forth with himself acting like it's a conversation with his daughter.

"Good talk dad." Scarlett closes her laptop grabbing it along with a slice of pizza heading upstairs to her room shutting the door.

Malcolm stands in the kitchen angry with nothing left to say.