Chapter Fourteen

At school Scarlett did everything in her power to avoid Archie Andrews. But finally he manages to catch her off guard getting books from her locker.

"Scar, Hey!"

"Archie.." she glances at him then back at her locker

"I just wanted to explain why I didn't call you after the party. My mom showed up out of nowhere."

"Archie. You don't owe me an explanation." Scar closes her locker and begins to walk away. Archie follows after her.

"Wait scar are we really not gonna talk about what happened between us."

She stops in her tracks and pulls him aside.

"Listen Archie. That night was great, but for more reasons than one, we're going to have to forget it ever happened."

"What why?" He looked hurt which made Scar feel horrible. She didn't mean to hurt his feelings.

"We had a moment arch, a beautiful, but pleading moment."

"You spent the night." He tried to defend

"We crashed, in separate beds..." at this point she noticed Archie staring at her neck.

"Did I do that? I didn't mean to I'm sorry " He said referring to the hickey that was on her neck.

"What?.. no it's fine... listen I didn't want to have to say this.. but I'm sort of seeing someone.."

His face went blank "oh"

"Yeah.. so I hope we can just move on and forget all about this.. please." The bell rings "see you around." Scar walks away as he just stands there.

She just wanted to get home already.

As the teen opens the door to her home her father greats her.

"Hey sweetheart how was school."

"As always. I thought you had work."

"On break was actually about head back now, want money for dinner?"

"I'll figure something out."

Her father was out the door in a flash. And her phone lit up

"Hey V? What's up?"

"Well homecoming is tomorrow night and I need a gal pal to tag along with while I hunt for a dress."

"Yeah sure I can meet you?"

"Don't be silly, my diver and I will pick you. See you soon." And just like that Veronica hung up phone. Scarlett changed into a turtle neck not wanting questions from Veronica about the enormous marking on her neck.

After about fifteen minutes Veronica knocked on the door.

"Hey love, ready to shop till we drop?"

Scar just laughs and Veronica grabs her hand pulling her into the car.

Soon enough they reach the mall.

"So Scar whats your dress look like?" Veronica asks as she looks at a few hanging.

"Oh I don't think I'm going.."

Veronica turned around and seemed offended.

"No that is not okay! All must attend. It's homecoming!"

"I don't have a date.." scar laughs "plus I have homework."

"That's a lie. And you don't need a date. It'll be fun! I'll drag you if I have to."