Chapter Eighteen

Scarlett leaves the station keeping her head low as she hears her father's voice coming around the corner. She picks up her pace and gets to her car.

The teen sits there and just lets her emotions take over. Not too long after someone knocks on the passenger window startling Scarlett.

She looks over seeing Mr. Archie Andrews. Scarlett looks away and wipes her tears and unlocks the door. He gets in.

"You okay scar?" Worry ran over his face

"Yeah I'm fine arch, just..a bad day." Archie reaches over and rests his hand on the girls thigh. She lets a deep breath out and slightly smiles switching the subject. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to see Jughead's dad try to knock some sense into him."

Scarlett laughs. She starts to laugh uncontrollably that it sort of frightens Archie.

"Scar?" He raises a brow

"I'm sorry.." she stops talking to continue laughing "I'm so sorry"

"Did I miss something?"

"No.. no.." she slowly stops her "no. I'm sorry, but I think you're the last person Fp Jones will want to see."

"What? Why would you say that?"

She went quiet.

"I told him about us..what happened.."

"You what? Why would you do that?"

"Arch. If I tell you something.. will you promise not to say a word? Especially to Jughead."

"Yeah, scar. What is it?"

"I need to hear you say it."

"I promise. Now tell me."

"Remember when I told you, we couldn't continue because I was seeing someone?"

"Yes.."

"Please don't freak."

"Scar just tell me already."

"I was seeing Fp." She spat it out and looked down afraid to see the looks Archie was giving her.

"Fp?.. is this a joke?"

The girl lightly shakes her head.

"You were seeing Jughead's dad? Are you crazy?" With every word his voice rose slightly.

"Yes Archie.. please don't tell anyone." Her eyes shot up to meet his

"What do you mean don't tell anyone? Scar he's in his forties! He's probably just as old as your dad!"

"Don't you think I know that?"

"Did you sleep with him?" Archie asks and Scarlett says nothing which gives Archie the answer he wasn't hoping for. "I think I'm gonna be sick."

Archie gets out of the car in a panic.

"Archie!" Scarlett yells and exits her car walking over to the passenger door where he stood, hands on his knees, breathing heavy. The girl rubs Archie's back.

Archie looks up at Scarlett and as he opens his mouth. A voice yells from the steps of the station.

"Scarlett?"

The two look and it's Malcolm. Scarlett's father. He walks towards the teens.

"What are you doing here?" A slight hint of worry on his face

Scarlett thought quick on her feet.

"I wanted to know if you'd be home for dinner?"

"You could've just called"

"Well I wanted to see you" she hugs her father and he smiles squeezing her.

"Well to answer your question I won't be able to make it sweetheart, sorry I have some paper work I have to catch up on." He looks over at Archie. "Andrews, Fred's Boy?"

Malcolm reaches his hand as Archie meets it.

"Yes sir. Archie" Archie's words were short and quick.

"Well maybe Mr. Archie Andrews would do the honors of keeping you company at the table in my absence." Malcolm keeps one arm wrapped around his daughter eyeing the boy.

Scarlett opens her mouth, but Archie answers first.

"Of course, Mr. Jeffries."

"Thank you, I have to get back inside. I'll see you later honey. It was nice meeting you Archie." Malcolm kisses his daughters head and heads back inside.

"Thank you for not saying anything to him." Scarlett breaks their silence.

"I promised I wouldn't. But you have to promise me something."

"What?"

"You have to promise me this thing between you and Fp is done and over with."

"After telling him about what happened I'm pretty sure it's over."

"I need a guarantee that it's over."

"Fine! It's over! Okay?"

"Good..now let me take you home."

"I have my own car."

"I know." Archie grabs the keys "I'm driving."

"How'd you get here?" Scarlett tilts her head

"Bus." He answers quickly then opens the door for scar to get in.

The go to Scarlett home and they go up to her room. Archie sits next to her on the bed.

"Can I ask you something?" Archie looks at her

"What?" She crosses her arms.

"Did you know Fp was Jughead's dad when you started seeing him?"

"No clue I was completely blindsided."

"How'd you two meet then?"

"I went to the Wyrm thinking it would be a club, boy was I surprised."

"Is that what you used to do in New York? Meet older men on bars?"

Scarlett laughs "that's all I did... when I lost my mom. I didn't feel whole anymore, I looked for something to fill that hole. Whether it was good for me or not."

"So Fp was just some temporary fix to fill a gap in your life?"

"No."

"But you just said-"

"I know what I said arch.. but with him. It wasn't like that. At first maybe, but in some way he made me forget I was ever missing a piece to begin with."

"I sort of understand what you mean." Archie spoke softly

"How?"

"I..I sort of had a thing with our old music teacher."

"What? And you had the nerve to give me grief earlier!" Scarlett's voice raises

"I know. I know. I'm sorry. I just.. I guess I mainly freaked out because.. it's Jughead's dad."

"I get it. When I found out they were related, I was freaked out too."

"So why'd you tell him?"

"About us?" Scarlet questions back at him. Archie gives a slightly nod

"Because wouldn't you want to know? He deserved to know. Also...He saw us at the dance asked me about it and I just decided not to lie." Scarlett starts to cry "I wish I did."

Archie wraps his arms around her. Eventually the two lay on the bed holding one another as Scarlett cries herself asleep.